Let's be real guys...

WestCoastHawk

I know Michigan State is traditionally a top tier program every year, but they just don't pass the eye test. On top of that I was looking at their schedule and they haven't played ANYONE other than us. I'm going to be casually optimistic about this team even after last nights win.

I know Michigan State is traditionally a top tier program every year, but they just don't pass the eye test. On top of that I was looking at their schedule and they haven't played ANYONE other than us. I'm going to be casually optimistic about this team even after last nights win.

Who passes your eye test?

Give the Hawks some credit. They made a very good team look bad. Go Hawks.

Why can't some people just enjoy the win and be happy for the players and coaches?

Iowa came out and landed haymakers, then just out worked Sparty from there. Historic win for a group of Seniors and Iowa kids in a place where wins are rare. This wasn't a fluke buzzer beater, this was a complete win.

After football season i can't believe and iowa fan is bringing up and "eye test" LOL

also what i took away from tonight is i dont remember a whole lot of Gesell in this game especially in the first half he seemed to sit quite a bit! Played 20 minutes and only had 2 fouls great win! Clemmons did a great job running the point good to have two senior leaders at point in case one is banged up a bit keep this going Hawks!!!

Michigan State has one of the best resumes in the country. Our resume is starting to look pretty impressive itself. Just think if we wouldn't have blown a huge lead against ISU. We might be looking at a top 5 ranking.

Their point guard needs to be able to shoot the outside jumper. Their whole team shoots the ball poorly from the outside. Every team will forever be zoning MSU's offense. Their defense is disorientated. Their team isn't all that athletic (even though their point guard can blow past most defenders - put him on the track team).

When will Iowa (or any other team) be 50% from threes? Probably never. Iowa was MSU's perfect storm.

MSU isn't the MSU of old. Iowa needs to worry about Maryland and Indiana, for example, in the B1G.

MSU had a top 10 RPI before last night with 8 wins over the top 100 and 5 over the top 50. They have one of the most impressive resumes in the country but it pales in comparison to Iowa's right now

must be a cyclone fan to post such nonsense

Actually I checked out Cyclone Fanatic's basketball forum last night just for fun to see what the discussion was relating to Iowa. Actually it was fairly complimentary and most wanting Iowa to continue to win so it makes ISU's win look better. I figured most would be lamenting potential little brother status in basketball this season, but not from what I could see. I did see ISU's coach shut down his twitter and facebook accounts after their loss to Texas. Too much negativity. We just need to keep on keepin on.

What schedule were you looking at?

Actually I checked out Cyclone Fanatic's basketball forum last night just for fun to see what the discussion was relating to Iowa. Actually it was fairly complimentary and most wanting Iowa to continue to win so it makes ISU's win look better. I figured most would be lamenting potential little brother status in basketball this season, but not from what I could see. I did see ISU's coach shut down his twitter and facebook accounts after their loss to Texas. Too much negativity. We just need to keep on keepin on.

The message board tables have turned - ISU fans now complimentary of Iowa and wanting them to win to help their cause. Iowa is going to end up being ISU's signature win.

MSU is a clear legit top 15 if not top 10 team. They have one of the best players in the nation and lead the country in rebound differential. They did all that playing a top tier schedule that includes beating KU by a comfortable margin. This Iowa team is a legit top 10 if not top 5 team. Iowa also has an AA player. It also has depth. Unlike FB, this Iowa team has played a legit schedule with quality road wins...2 of them straight up dominating performances. What will March bring? It's hard to know. Right now there is not a single team in the country they cannot beat. That's hasn't been the case for a really long time.

The one thing I will say about this MSU team that is a bit off what they usually are, they really depend on one player a lot this year.

Usually MSU has a few guys that share the load. This is Valentine's team and they don't have the guy to pick up the slack for him, yet. When he gets back to 100% they will look a lot like the team they were at the beginning of the season.

Going on the road and winning at Mich. St is big,not to many teams can say that.Yes we know it and the players know we should of beat Isu.This team won't see another atmosphere like Isu and Msu,it's tough to win there.My only issue is I wish when we have a lead late there seems to be to much standing around and Mike just dribbling at the top of the key until less than 10 sec. to go in the shot clock.Dont have a problem running clock down but still move the ball around instead of One guy just dribbling.

Latest posts