We are better than Coppin State

New guys are getting involved. Ellingson with 7 points. Jones and Fleming have both hit a 3.

Jones and Wagner are great on the boards. Wagner is the most powerful player we've had in a long time.

That Brady E kid seems to be scrappy for us. Jones has a deep stroke. Wagner has a strong body for a freshman.

So how does a team like Coppin State compare to a really good D2 team?

Still don't like that loss at all. Can't lose to a D2 team in your own house being a rep of the Big Ten and at least a 6-8thish place like a team in the conference. Bad exhibition loss....only good thing about is that it did not count in the official record.

Still don't like that loss at all. Can't lose to a D2 team in your own house being a rep of the Big Ten and at least a 6-8thish place like a team in the conference. Bad exhibition loss....only good thing about is that it did not count in the official record.

It had me scared that we weren't good enough to be able to name the score against terrible opponents. The individual play in this game has me more optimistic that the new guys will have what it takes.

It had me scared that we weren't good enough to be able to name the score against terrible opponents. The individual play in this game has me more optimistic that the new guys will have what it takes.

I agree....I'm relieved to see that they have bounced back and have won their first 2 games. They have just put over 100 on Coppin St which is great to see putting it to a bad opponent. Hopefully they will continue to improve and a compete at a level that gives them a chance for the NCAAs throughout the season.

Still, this could very well be an NIT like season. Next 3 games look pretty tough. Would be great if we could get at least one of them.

Last edited:
Uhl, Jones, and Ellingson all played great today. We need at least one newbie to bring it like that each game. If they do we should be a bubble type team. If 2 or more step up each game we should be pretty damn good.

Ellingson finishing in traffic was impressive too. I was having bad thoughts of these new guys all being misses and having 3 down years in a row until our studs coming in were here. I'm not saying we will make the tourney the next 3 years, but I think it's safe these guys will be good enough to keep the bottom from falling out at a minimum.

Ellingson finishing in traffic was impressive too. I was having bad thoughts of these new guys all being misses and having 3 down years in a row until our studs coming in were here. I'm not saying we will make the tourney the next 3 years, but I think it's safe these guys will be good enough to keep the bottom from falling out at a minimum.
Mr. Positive!! The sky fell in with Augustana. A team that would beat over half of the D-1 teams. No knowledge of who the new players are and where they played and how they played. Typical arm chair quarterback.

Coppin State is bad but I was impressed with Uhl, Jones, Wagner, and Ellingson. With Uhl and Jones you have athletic 6'8 players who can step out and knock down 3's, and Wagner is a beast on the glass and can run the floor. Add in a shooter in Ellingson and I think there is enough depth there along with our top 5 guys.

Again, I think ultimately Uhl will become a starter with Clemmons leading the 2nd unit, assuming Jok is healthy.

I'll be in Milwaukee Thursday night to see this team in person. Go Hawks!

Thursday night will be a nice test for the young guys. We'll see how they react to their first DI road environment.

Mr. Positive!! The sky fell in with Augustana. A team that would beat over half of the D-1 teams. No knowledge of who the new players are and where they played and how they played. Typical arm chair quarterback.

I'm confused by this post. Are you holding me accountable for things other people said after the Augustana game?

Do Moss and/or Hutton stick around for next year?

I think if Ellingson continues to play well Fran can point to him as an example of what a redshirt can accomplish. Granted Ellingson was more of a medical redshirt, but still.

There are currently too many freshman on the team anyway...injuries, transfers and other things will happen.

I think if Ellingson continues to play well Fran can point to him as an example of what a redshirt can accomplish. Granted Ellingson was more of a medical redshirt, but still.

There are currently too many freshman on the team anyway...injuries, transfers and other things will happen.
If both redshirt, won't that be 6 in the '16 class?

Latest posts