Smoke and I Believe Fire

Golfer

I doubt it will be announced today. I don't know. It has be strangely quiet unlike the leaks when KoK left.

Anyway, I believe it has been discussed, maybe eve decided, KF will voluntarily leave in two years.

Call it a rumor I strongly believe.

Let my crucifixion begin.

No crucifixion, I thinks something is up too. I think kf is gassed and I think he knows it. Amid I also have always believed his is a man of integrity and will do the right thing for the program and walk away when he believes he is no longer what is best for the program. I wouldn't be shocked if he announces retirement

I doubt it will be announced today. I don't know. It has be strangely quiet unlike the leaks when KoK left.

Anyway, I believe it has been discussed, maybe eve decided, KF will voluntarily leave in two years.

I would be curious to know what makes you think this.
If it is just a gut feeling based upon nothing, well, let the crucifixion begin:) But, if you have heard some things, what sorts of things, and from where, have you heard?

Ferentz announces his retirement at some future date? Doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine anything more destructive to recruiting than trying to get decent players to Iowa knowing that the coach you are being recruited to play under won't be here in two years.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

I don't think you have a January press conference to re-hash a bad season. I suspect something big is going to be announced - a resignation of someone - just not sure who.

I would be curious to know what makes you think this.
If it is just a gut feeling based upon nothing, well, let the crucifixion begin:) But, if you have heard some things, what sorts of things, and from where, have you heard?

Let's put it this way. With no hair in the front and a pony tail in the back. It wasn't at the barber shop.

Ferentz announces his retirement at some future date? Doesn't make any sense. I can't imagine anything more destructive to recruiting than trying to get decent players to Iowa knowing that the coach you are being recruited to play under won't be here in two years.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

agreed. unless they already have the next coach placed and are ready to announce that as well, then i don't see how this can do ANY good whatsoever

You know...I wonder...if KF just does not know for sure what he wants to do...and until he figures it out...he stays quiet.

I agree, its so quiet, I can hear myself not working.

Usually with really big news - someone would have leaked it - sooooo maybe this is nothing...this has got me really curious

Usually with really big news - someone would have leaked it - sooooo maybe this is nothing...this has got me really curious

That's what my instinct is telling me... But then again, I don't remember hearing a thing about Fran's hire until it was actually announced. So I guess we'll see. Anxiously awaiting 3pm.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Exactly this. The only time that announcing a future end date works is when you have a strong plan in place for your successor like with Barry Alvarez or Joe Paterno. Ferentz is not either one of those guys and the circumstances are not the same.

if Ferentz today announces that he is going to retire in 2 years then Iowa football would go into the dark ages as that would be 3 years of lost recruits. No way does that happen

Exactly this. The only time that announcing a future end date works is when you have a strong plan in place for your successor like with Barry Alvarez or Joe Paterno. Ferentz is not either one of those guys and the circumstances are not the same.

if Ferentz today announces that he is going to retire in 2 years then Iowa football would go into the dark ages as that would be 3 years of lost recruits. No way does that happen

Yeah, that Paterno plan was awesome.

Let's say that Ferentz does announce he's retiring after next season or the season after so Brian can prepare to take over the role. Does Jon actually shut down HN before he has to ban 99% of the posters?

I never said they announced he was leaving today. I said I think there is good reason for me to believe it has been decided he's out in two seasons.

Heard from some guys I know that sell slurpies and other retail type stuff. They could be off base too, again, it's just rumor, but a rumor I think could have credibility.

Take it or leave it. It's not etched on stone tablets.

I think Governor Christie will be permitted to sit in Kinnick's luxury suite....that's what the announcement will be.....;)

I saw a guy with a cardboard sign that said "The End is Near". So not saying I know but there are indications.

Actually the more I think about it this does seem like a KF and Barta thing to do. Kills recruiting and the program. The last troll.

Last edited: