Bruce Pearl

99topdawg

Would you hire a known cheater if you knew you were going to win? Would you hire him back if he already did it once? Tennessee might, and I don't blame them. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

No brainer

If Fran was to move on, absolutely would I consider Pearl IF he approached Iowa first. He already shut Iowa down the last time so IMO he would need to apply within.

But I cannot see Fran going anywhere for a long time.

I like this question a little more with football. Would you take a little cheating and how much for a year or two of just dominating people, maybe even a NC. Id probably say yeah, for a bit, but being shady probably would get old even if you were winning.

Absolutely would hire Pearl. He lied to the ncaa about a minor infraction that is now allowed per ncaa recruitment guidelines. Because he lied, not because of the actual action, he received a show cause sanction. The punishment did not fit the crime.

I would absolutely love for Fran to move on and have Pearl as our next coach!

I like this question a little more with football. Would you take a little cheating and how much for a year or two of just dominating people, maybe even a NC. Id probably say yeah, for a bit, but being shady probably would get old even if you were winning.

The SEC says otherwise.

No worries, the NCAA has a shady fee so u won't get into trouble.

Well it looks like the "right way" kick lasted for about 4 years. Lulz.

Yeah I guess, go on a 3 game losing streak and ppl already want to kick Fran to the curb.

I still like where this program is headed. I am over last night and I am confident Fran will get this team back on track.

I would LOVE to see Bruce Pearl as the Hawks coach. I always wished we could have hired him...it wasn't like he was paying players at UT...it was a minor thing...and he has said that he messed up by lying about it and learned his lesson.

If we could get Bruce back in the black and gold I might even pony up for the big boy seats at Carver...(who am I kidding, proles like us can't afford that...at least I would be closer to the bathroom/concessions by being way up high.)

If Fran would just move on...it could happen...although Barta probably doesn't have the stones to hire him.

Yeah I guess, go on a 3 game losing streak and ppl already want to kick Fran to the curb.

I still like where this program is headed. I am over last night and I am confident Fran will get this team back on track.
The sky is falling. Bail. Bail. I wish this short losing streak happened a few weeks earlier. So that the crappy band wagon fans would have left us then.

I don't care if we lose out. I still feel better about getting beat and scoring 51 points in a half, instead of 45 points for the game. Lick Ball.

If you can honestly say you want fran to go, you are not a true fan at all.

If Fran was to move on, absolutely would I consider Pearl IF he approached Iowa first. He already shut Iowa down the last time so IMO he would need to apply within.

But I cannot see Fran going anywhere for a long time.

If Fran were taking another job/whatever, I'd definitely want to go after Pearl. Forget making him come to us in that scenario, though. He turned us down when he had a good program going at Tennessee; it made little sense for him to leave and take over the veritable dumpster fire that was Iowa basketball in 2010. He wouldn't have nearly as much incentive to turn us down now.

But, Fran's not going anywhere and I'm good with that, too.

Um, if it doesn't work out with Fran, our next coach is already sitting on our bench. In fact, he's the one they should have hired after that Hoosier Sociopathic Hick. (Alfraud)
University of Iowa Graduate Mr. Kirk Speraw.

I don't want another head coach. I want Fran to get it going. I really like the guy and I think he makes the necessary changes to get it going. Are there some things he does that I don't agree with? Yes. Does that make him a poor coach? No.
As for Pearle....I don't think I would take him as our head coach. Not sure how well he would be received in Chicago, on recruiting trips. I don't trust him to do everything above board either.