Work or attendance points

Ben Rumson

Crap Hawk fans!!! Mandatory overtime now. I work four ten hour days normally 6-4:30 Mon - Thurs. Overtime on Fridays 6-3:30 well guess fricken what now 6-2:30 Saturday kicking in. Do I call in and get hit with attendance points which I've never had any or miss seeing the game Sat.....?

Crap Hawk fans!!! Mandatory overtime now. I work four ten hour days normally 6-4:30 Mon - Thurs. Overtime on Fridays 6-3:30 well guess fricken what now 6-2:30 Saturday kicking in. Do I call in and get hit with attendance points which I've never had any or miss seeing the game Sat.....?

Wow that sure sounds like big time Day Jail there buddy. I hope you are getting double time for Saturday. You could show up for work at 6 and sprain an ankle or get the sniffles by 10:30 or so.

Wow that sure sounds like big time Day Jail there buddy. I hope you are getting double time for Saturday. You could show up for work at 6 and sprain an ankle or get the sniffles by 10:30 or so.
Yeah ever since the damn economy has picked up I have been missing three day weekends for awhile when we aren't doing OT. Damn Trump!

Yes. Skip work. Work is only a means to pay for Life. When you die you’d rather tell the story of being at the game then being at work for Saturday.

That is one reason I quit my last job. It turned into a 6 - 7 day work week and no home life with family.

If you call in co-workers will question if you are really sick but if you go in and crap your pants while there......no one will question it at all.

I guess crapping your pants is a little better than the ankle sprain or sniffles I mentioned. Puking or crapping your pants are definitely go home items

You can always DVR the game and avoid spoilers. Its incredibly hard to do but I've pulled it off a few times. It also let's you skip commercials and halftime.

Missing spoilers with cell phones today is nearly impossible, and that's just me. It isn't the same knowing the score.

Missing spoilers with cell phones today is nearly impossible, and that's just me. It isn't the same knowing the score.
It’s not hard (with an iPhone, not sure about android's features)...

On the iPhone you can swipe left on a text message and individually mute notifications by person. My kid plays youth football on saturdays and once in a while I’ll have to be out of town during the Hawks game (like last week). I just mute all people who would send me a text about the Hawks, turn off ESPN notifications, and dvr the game.

Last edited:

Emergency call in.....

This is a special season and we need all hands on deck to support the Hawks.....

:cool:

well you go in until about 10:30ish and come up with a mystery stomach illness.

Its doable you just have to prepare in advance. Silence alerts, stop/block certain apps temporarily, tell your friends not to text you, etc. Also little things like making sure you dont leave your TV on a sport channel when you turn it on, and avoiding glancing at TVs while working...

It takes a ton of discipline and prep work, but its doable

Latest posts