Woody

Gibsonian

Was fantastic last night. I saw major league defensive presence and effectiveness and I don't remember a turnover. I call it beautiful. He's a big cog in this wheel of Big Ten terror, the Iowa Hawkeyes.

Loved when he didn't get called for the foul and he mugged the Spartan under the basket. Nice defense. He is physically strong, that is evident.

Luckily he doesn't have to be an offensive force with all the other weapons Iowa has. He can just be himself and focus on locking down the inside

And he hasn't gotten his fingers anywhere close to an eyeball, bravo Woody....
Body slamming awesome!
th

People laugh at him and criticize him and will long after he's gone. I wish he would have used more of his 8-10 foot shot last year and this year but I'm fine with what he's done as a hawk.

His save out of bounds was also a great hustle play.

He had several "man among boys" rebounds, last night. The beauty of this team is that everyone has figured out their role and they're all playing it at the highest level.

I know this thread is about Woody, but that charge that Ellingson took on Forbes or Nairin, at MSU, was a thing of beauty. The entire team is locked in. Wagner had a block and some tough boards. Uhl now makes me feel like he's going to make every shot he takes. That's a far cry from when he was benched in the exhibition game. Fran knows what the hell he's doing and so does the entire staff.

He had several "man among boys" rebounds, last night. The beauty of this team is that everyone has figured out their role and they're all playing it at the highest level.

I know this thread is about Woody, but that charge that Ellingson took on Forbes or Nairin, at MSU, was a thing of beauty. The entire team is locked in. Wagner had a block and some tough boards. Uhl now makes me feel like he's going to make every shot he takes. That's a far cry from when he was benched in the exhibition game. Fran knows what the hell he's doing and so does the entire staff.

some huge boards-he was carving out space for the boards and was very tough to move. With some slight forwards, he is a key presence

I'd venture a guess and say the Iowa staff, at this point in Woody's career, is strongly directing him away from any type of set play to score on.

With the scorers we have, it's not needed and he can save himself for the defensive end.

Latest posts