Wisky BB is everything Iowa isn't

Don't get deer in headlights look
Play tough
Don't play soft
Ignore rankings
Play as a team

How come they don't talk about koenig's travel like they talked about woodbury's shove before his put back? After koenig's last dribble when the ball hit the floor he went right foot, left foot, then right foot!

Every shot they ever throw up at the end of games goes in. We've had one 2 foot shot in 8 years.

They asked Koenig if he knew his shot was going in as soon as it left his hand and he said he knew it was going in before it left his hand. Pretty bad *** answer.

They always seem to have a bunch of bad azzes who play with a chip on their shoulder....never backing down. They either don't know or don't care that they may not be as athletic or talented as the team they are playing....ALWAYS well coached.

It stings the pride to admit it, but I thought the same thing watching uni. A team full of players who seem to want the ball late in the game, and want to take the big shot.

(Obviously it didn't quite work out for them, but I saw the same toughness in overtime.)

Don't get deer in headlights look
Play tough
Don't play soft
Ignore rankings
Play as a team

Each and every one of these characteristics are "intangibles", which are directly related to the culture of the program, which is specifically established by the coach and firmly instilled in the players as a non-negotiable expectation.

We haven't seen these qualities for an entire season under MuckCaff.

It stings the pride to admit it, but I thought the same thing watching uni. A team full of players who seem to want the ball late in the game, and want to take the big shot.

(Obviously it didn't quite work out for them, but I saw the same toughness in overtime.)

Could not agree more on both accounts. We are just plain soft. UNI wins by 10 if bohannon doesn't get hurt at end of game. UNI is kind of a mini wisconsin essentially as i see it. They compete and play defense. Iowa frankly just sucks at defense. It's all effort

Whenever a team wins they have all those qualities and as soon as they lose they don't have them anymore. UNI had all those qualities for 39 minutes and 30 seconds. Than they wilted worse than any team in the history of the sport.

When a new coach takes over a successful program they usually are pretty good the first or second year then you see how good the new coach really is.

Every shot they ever throw up at the end of games goes in. We've had one 2 foot shot in 8 years.
exactly PC! for the last 20 yrs Wisky seems to win EVERY close game (football AND basketball). Meanwhile, we can barely buy a close victory once a decade (in football too). It hurts. Much jealous of that program (their luck anyway)

And, OK, since I'm the OP, I'll re-design the title by saying, oh, since Alfraud came to town.

How's that?

Their program is overrated. They had 50 years where they did nothing from about 47 to 97. During that time Iowa had conferance championships and final 4 appearances.This year they did very little when the officials actually called fouls on impeding freedom of movement. They would not have even made the NIT had they kept calling the games as they should have been called.

Latest posts