Wisconsin opens as a 2.5 favorite

haydensly

Wisconsin should be favored. This game looks a lot harder now than it did 2-3 weeks ago. Wouldn't be surprised to see that number increase through the week.

All that said, I kind of like being the underdog. I think it helps our team's mentality.

trj

Wisconsin should be favored. This game looks a lot harder now than it did 2-3 weeks ago. Wouldn't be surprised to see that number increase through the week.

All that said, I kind of like being the underdog. I think it helps our team's mentality.

The D will show up. No clue what to expect from the offense.

HaydenHawk56

In back to back weeks, Top 10 teams underdogs to their unranked opponents on the road. Hopefully, Kirk and Son has used their 2 weeks wisely and not suffer the same fate as Okie St.

uihawk82

The hawks past history against Wisky does not bode well. Just 2 wins in about 10 years. But the Wisky offense does seem to be a mostly run oriented team which the hawks defense can normally do well against. It is those high octane passing attacks which seem to give the hawks trouble especially with a running QB. It seems Wisky doesnt have a really good running QB or passing QB.

The hawks can be real good but right now I only have them with a 40% chance of winning.

haydensly

The hawks past history against Wisky does not bode well. Just 2 wins in about 10 years. But the Wisky offense does seem to be a mostly run oriented team which the hawks defense can normally do well against. It is those high octane passing attacks which seem to give the hawks trouble especially with a running QB. It seems Wisky doesnt have a really good running QB or passing QB.

The hawks can be real good but right now I only have them with a 40% chance of winning.
FWIW, ESPN's matchup predictor gives Iowa a 53.7% of winning. So basically a toss up.

HuckFinn

Our “past history” has almost nothing to do with our game next Saturday. Neither team is the same as the one’s in the past.

SmokeTownHawk

I prefer to think this means the law of averages has us due to win.

Glass1/2fullguy

Wisconsin's defensive alignments and odd man fronts tend to give Iowa's blockers fits even in a normal year. With an inexperienced offensive line, I look for that trend to continue.
Even when Iowa has a good experienced OL Wisconsin’s 3-4 defense gives Iowa problems. Their LBers do such a good job at running to plug the gaps against the zone run. Hopefully Brian has a slight wrinkle to his game plan this week. Need to run a good amount of pre-snap motion and misdirection plays imo. Straight up zone is dead on arrival against Wisconsin’s 3-4.

Last edited:

NCHawker

I won't be going out of my way to watch. Every year in late October I get Hawkeye fatigue. No joy in watching this offense get pinned.

BigD

BigD

“The hawks can be real good but right now I only have them with a 40% chance of winning.”

If correct that means there’s a 60% chance of Iowa fans whining.