Wirfs story

So...how this guy didn't go #1 in the draft last year is beyond me. He can hang 450 six times, jump out of a pool at 320 pounds, with a vertical of 36.5", and a 4.79 forty...but most important, a heart of gold. What a great leader and incredible human being!

Love me some Tristan Wirfs.

So...how this guy didn't go #1 in the draft last year is beyond me. He can hang 450 six times, jump out of a pool at 320 pounds, with a vertical of 36.5", and a 4.79 forty...but most important, a heart of gold. What a great leader and incredible human being!

Love me some Tristan Wirfs.
The first 3 or 4 picks are usually reserved for QB’s and DE’s. But what gets me is that Tristan was the FOURTH OT taken in that draft! Looney.

Thank God he was, or he could be stuck with some nightmare organization like the Giants or the Jets. Gallery was picked by the Raiders, who were a reeling organization at the time and the turnover in OL coaches probably affected his career.

All said - it looks like a perfect fit for Tristan so far.

As much as I complain sometimes when life's ups and downs come my way, damn it, I look at stories like this and become very humbled. Tristan, you are such a great representative of, not only the State of Iowa, or the University of Iowa, or even My. Vernon, but of someone who's morals are embedded in what's good. We all need to live our lives this way. So thanks for the reminder, my friend.

The kid had one helluva game yesterday. Wow! He looks like a veteran out there. I watched the whole game and I thought I heard his # called 1 time for holding. Now off to the NFC Championship

Thanks for posting this. The dude is just getting started too. Anybody see Cam Jordan make any plays yesterday? I didn't think so Wirfs is why. I have a cheesy nickname for him that I doubt will stick. How about the Big Magician? Because he makes DEs disappear. I know I know it's lame. I don't know of any others he may have though... lol

Marc Morehouse tweeted that there are dozens of stories like this out there about Wirfs, we are just seeing the tip of the iceberg here.

Latest posts