Willies joins Kreiter among ex-Hawkeyes in NFL

HawkeyeHypnosis

From article:

Derrick Willies, who completed his college career at Texas Tech, was one of three rookie wide receivers to land a spot on the Cleveland roster after signing with the Browns in May as an undrafted free agent.

On a related note,...

I see that ex-Hawkeye Jake Rudock lost his backup QB job on the Lions to Matt Cassel and so Rudock did not make the 53 man Lions roster. So once again he will be signed to the Lions practice squad as the 3rd string QB

Not sure I get the subject line of this thread. Kreiter didn't leave Iowa and Willies did. Seems odd to combine the two; in the place of Kreiter could have inserted King, Jackson, Bulaga, Reiff, Yanda, Hyde, Daniels, Daniels, Jewell, Beathard, Clayborn, Hitchens, Kirksey, Johnson, Kittle, Mabin, Scherff (with apologies to those who I've forgotten), and it would have been the same thing. I suppose it's true on some level, but it seemed like an odd pairing.

Not sure I get the subject line of this thread. Kreiter didn't leave Iowa and Willies did. Seems odd to combine the two; in the place of Kreiter could have inserted King, Jackson, Bulaga, Reiff, Yanda, Hyde, Daniels, Daniels, Jewell, Beathard, Clayborn, Hitchens, Kirksey, Johnson, Kittle, Mabin, Scherff (with apologies to those who I've forgotten), and it would have been the same thing. I suppose it's true on some level, but it seemed like an odd pairing.
My guess is that it's because those two are guys that played for Iowa, but most people don't know are playing in the NFL.

On a related note,...

I see that ex-Hawkeye Jake Rudock lost his backup QB job on the Lions to Matt Cassel and so Rudock did not make the 53 man Lions roster. So once again he will be signed to the Lions practice squad as the 3rd string QB

Is he eligible for a practice squad? I'm not sure of all the rules but I know that Jake has a couple full seasons as an active player on a 53 man roster. In that past that has made a player ineligible for the practice squad.

Latest posts