Who is GCU?

It never ceases to amaze me how every year there's a school I've never heard of in my life that gets in. Every dang year pretty much. Like I'm not the biggest college hoops junky out there but I'd consider myself a pretty big fan.

It never ceases to amaze me how every year there's a school I've never heard of in my life that gets in. Every dang year pretty much. Like I'm not the biggest college hoops junky out there but I'd consider myself a pretty big fan.
Only been Div. 1 since 2013 so they are babies. :)

Have the brother of Scott Drew as a coach, from a coaching family. His team has a feel of a rag tag bunch of underdogs trying to make it big. Hope it's not at Iowa's expense. Watched a little of their game with Nevada, they can hoop. Have some big guys inside who are talented and a lighting quick pg. Good size for a college team.

Drew had almost no time to put together a roster for this year and he had to do it in the middle of a pandemic. He's done a pretty good job. The future looks bright for GCU and we can expect they will let it all hang out. I just don't see them hanging with us at this point.

There has been some speculation that at some point GCU might be a candidate for the West Coast Conference (Gonzaga). It would give the WCC the Phoenix market which makes some sense. Plus the WCC isn't a football conference and GCU doesn't have football.

Their best big and top scorer is a transfer from Wichita St. where he did absolutely nothing. I think Luka is going to be a real eye opener for him. Hopefully the refs don't get too involved unless the game turns into hacking Garza and hoping for the best.

Have the brother of Scott Drew as a coach, from a coaching family. His team has a feel of a rag tag bunch of underdogs trying to make it big. Hope it's not at Iowa's expense. Watched a little of their game with Nevada, they can hoop. Have some big guys inside who are talented and a lighting quick pg. Good size for a college team.

A lightning quick point guard can be a big problem for Iowa and a lot of teams. This type of player can open it up so easily for open treys, dish offs for dunks, etc. And any team hitting a bunch of treys and make a high % of shots at the rim can win.

Go hawks and keep this guy out of the lane

Personaly, I don't think GCU has any chance whatsover............
GCU is a good team that was well coached and prepped for Iowa. They played hard and never quit. Their fans were great! And in the end the Hawks buried them.