Who has a bigger day...Kolar or LaPorta?

hawk52

Since it appears LaPorta may be Petras go to guy I'll say LaPorta with 5 catches for 45 yards.

Kolar didn't play Saturday because of an injury, because they wanted to make sure he'd be ready for this week. Having said that, Iowa wants to make sure they don't give up the big play, and will sometimes allow the shorter gains, especially when their opponent is behind the sticks. Because of that, and the fact that he's a very good player, I'll go with Kolar. I'll let him have more yards as long as Sam wins the game.

LaPorta is an NFLer for sure, bit I think Petras gets tunnel vision looking for him sometimes. Really forces some passes, it seems to me.

As far as which guy goes for more, hard to say. Gameplans will have a lot more to say about that than individual effort and talent, I think.

Both teams suck at getting chunk yardage and making explosive plays. Unfortunately, Iowa is worse. The TE who has the better day likely wins the game.

Both teams suck at getting chunk yardage and making explosive plays. Unfortunately, Iowa is worse. The TE who has the better day likely wins the game.

Remember Iowa's last win in Ames in 2019 the hawks defense didnt give up much except two bombs on mainly busted coverages. If the hawks can not give up big plays I think they can hold ISU offense down.

ISU defense will be all over the hawks run game so we will see how often Brian F throws on first down and those calls have to be completed at a high percentage to stay ahead of the chains. Loosen up ISU defense with short crisp passing and then run the ball.

Laporta could get a lot of catches in this scenario and if he is double covered then got to find the open receiver.

Whens the last time a TE had a big day against Iowa? I'm trying to remember and just can't. Either we don't play against many good ones or we defend them well cause I'm drawing a blank. WRs have had monster days against us but not TEs. So I like our chances. Just slow down their running game. Get them in 3rd and longs and put pressure on Purdy to throw it to Moss I kinda like that strategy.

Latest posts