• Fant

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Hock

Votes: 21 32.8%

• Total voters
team-jacob-or-team-edward-2.png

CBS Mock:

19. Tennessee Titans
Noah Fant, TE, Iowa. Delanie Walker is 34 years old and suffered an ankle injury in Week 1 that ended his season. 2017 third-round pick Jonnu Smith finished with 20 receptions and should improve in Year 3 but adding the most athletic tight end in a stacked draft class could be hard to pass up for an offense in desperate need of playmakers.

I think that, if Gronk retires, NE grabs TJ in the 1st round. Gronk has been a great receiver, but has been one of the best, if not the best receiving/blocking TE in the league. I think TJ fits what they would need to replace.
some of the talking heads mentioned them taking Fant, FWIW.

Fant has great intangibles, but I think Hock is a better all around TE. Fant has speed and verticality. But Hock is the better blocker and is a more of a clutch catcher in critical situations. Hell, if San Francisco was smart, they’d draft both Fant and Hock and line them up in a 3 TE set with Kittle. Talk about a nightmare cover! In the pro game, the TE spot has become one of the most productive positions. They are faster than LB’s and are bigger and stronger than safeties and corners. We are TE U now, we need to recruit only the best TE’s from coast to coast. Time to stock at least one position we are famous for with 5 star talent!

Last edited:
Agree 100% that TJ is right now the all-around better TE.
TJ is by far the superior blocker, and IMO he also has the better set of hands.
That said...
NFL teams don't draft you for what you are now, they draft for what your 40-time is and for what you will be in a few years.
Speed is everything in the NFL and Fant was blessed with speed to spare. Regardless of how great TJ played this season, betcha a buck Fant gets selected before TJ, no doubtaboutit.

Fant goes round one or 2. I’m really scared TJ, hooker and Nelson really drop. 120+ juniors have declared (more than last year and 30% of those weren’t drafted). All 3 are studs and I think will be a steal for anyone but there are a lot of great players all throughout the country and only so many picks.

Hard to guess. I've read Fant at the end of the first round.
I think that many of the tight ends that have seen NFL success, and especially George Kittle, help both Noah and TJ. they both can be good blockers and have the speed to beat LB's. I give the slight edge to TJ as I think he's less injury prone than Fant.

I'm going with Fant only because I think teams will see a higher ceiling with Fant over Hock. But Hock is more of a polished tightend and I don't see him waiting very long for his name to be called after Fant gets selected.

Seems that if they don't get drafted, or don't get drafted where they want and have accepted no money they should be able to return to the college game.

Fant goes first.

But if you asked me who I’d want my favorite team to draft it’d be Hock. More complete all around player because of blocking and better hands.

Fant certainly has the edge on athleticism.

Fant has great intangibles, but I think Hock is a better all around TE. Fant has speed and verticality. But Hock is the better blocker and is a more of a clutch catcher in critical situations. Hell, if San Francisco was smart, they’d draft both Fant and Hock and line them up in a 3 TE set with Kittle. Talk about a nightmare cover! In the pro game, the TE spot has become one of the most productive positions. They are faster than LB’s and are bigger and stronger than safeties and corners. We are TE U now, we need to recruit only the best TE’s from coast to coast. Time to stock at least one position we are famous for with 5 star talent!
As a 9er fan I approve this post!!

As a Bear fan, I honestly don't know which one I prefer. I would guess Hock given his great hands and blocking skills over Fant. Win-win either way!

Agree 100% that TJ is right now the all-around better TE.
TJ is by far the superior blocker, and IMO he also has the better set of hands.
That said...
NFL teams don't draft you for what you are now, they draft for what your 40-time is and for what you will be in a few years.
Speed is everything in the NFL and Fant was blessed with speed to spare. Regardless of how great TJ played this season, betcha a buck Fant gets selected before TJ, no doubtaboutit.
How much faster is Fant than Hock? I don't think it's as much as everyone thinks. I'll be curious to see

Latest posts