Who do you think leaves? (Transfer portal discussion)

Casey388

I know there have been a few posts of players in the transfer portal that Iowa reached out to. But what about the other way? Who could you see leaving?

The only players I would think that might decide to leave is Ulis and Mulvey. Nothing that they said makes me think that. Just seeing how their minutes decreased as the season went on.

Nobody to be honest. I feel like we'd have already know by now if someone was going to transfer out of the program.
Fran was in on Mulvey very early, he sees something in that kid + Riley left high school a year early to join the Hawkeyes.
Ahron has known Fran and his staff for a very long time being they recruited the heck out of his brother Tyler, so I'm sure the bond is strong. I think Ahron will be fine, he just needs to get more court time and get comfortable.

Last edited:
Ogundele is likely done but he might be quitting basketball all together not necessarily put his name in the transfer portal. I think he's the only scholarship player that leaves.

I will worry about it when I get excited about basketball again-still have some final game apathy. Damn.

I will worry about it when I get excited about basketball again-still have some final game apathy. Damn.
i had promised myself "self, you will NOT have expectations going into this season" but then by gawd i got caught up in the hype train in march and thought "hey maybe this will be the year, just that one year where we will get to see iowa do something other than shit the bed like the character in that documentary about the guy who was a drug addict who got tied to a bed" but then st patricks came and we lost to richmond and i have been despondent bince then. i don't know when i will get back to normal.

I really thought Uhlis would leave instead of Jt. Just to be clear, I hoped both of them would stay.

Ulis might not be drawing much interest, JT has a skill set that some coach might be looking for. I began thinking Ulis would transfer now I don't know. I don't see any of the bigs leaving unless they are homesick for jolly old England or New York style pizza.

Ogundele is likely done but he might be quitting basketball all together not necessarily put his name in the transfer portal. I think he's the only scholarship player that leaves.

My timing is incredible, JT announces 10 minutes later he's leaving. lol

I thought I'd read somewhere that one of the McCaffery boys may have let the cat out of the bag about Josh O maybe leaving. Which would make some sense he's a long long ways from home. Hasn't really developed much and is what it is.

So besides maybe him and JT already deciding is anyone else a possibility? Ulis maybe? Hope not we need the body now. We only have TP Ulis and maybe CM with Carter Kingsbury and Luc Laketa (anyone have high hopes for either of them?) and the two freshman coming in pretty much now right?

(If Bowen is legit he very well may start right away) But Dix is still recovering and it's hard telling how soon he'll be able to play much. We most certainly need at least a couple more bodies for next yr and preferably impactful ones....

Now, the lottery numbers, please. :)
Funny story...

Where I work they've always had a lottery pool...used to play but I don't anymore. Back in the day when I used to get in for kicks it was 2 tickets per person, one was a computer pick, and one was picking your own numbers for funsies, everything still was part of the group deal though, even the tickets you picked yourself.

The guy who used to be two offices down from me used to get sooooooo pissed off because I always picked 1 2 3 4 5 6* on my own ticket. He'd flip out because he said the odds of five numbers in a row like that were pretty much impossible and it was hurting everyone's chances. Always asked me why I would do that.

I don't know how many times I tried to tell him, explain to him, and visually show him that the odds of 1-6 were identical to any other combo. It never sank in but I just kept on doing it because that's the type of guy I am.

This was a guy in charge of a purchasing department buying $15-20 million worth of raw materials and manufacturing components every month.

Funny story...

Where I work they've always had a lottery pool...used to play but I don't anymore. Back in the day when I used to get in for kicks it was 2 tickets per person, one was a computer pick, and one was picking your own numbers for funsies, everything still was part of the group deal though, even the tickets you picked yourself.

The guy who used to be two offices down from me used to get sooooooo pissed off because I always picked 1 2 3 4 5 6* on my own ticket. He'd flip out because he said the odds of five numbers in a row like that were pretty much impossible and it was hurting everyone's chances. Always asked me why I would do that.

I don't know how many times I tried to tell him, explain to him, and visually show him that the odds of 1-6 were identical to any other combo. It never sank in but I just kept on doing it because that's the type of guy I am.

This was a guy in charge of a purchasing department buying $15-20 million worth of raw materials and manufacturing components every month.

he's not completely wrong. i've studied lottery numbers my whole life and am working on a book entitled "lottonomics, the secrets of lotto success." while as a purely statistical matter, you are correct that 1-6 has even odds with any other combination, there are hundreds of people who brainlessly play this combination every drawing. imagine this, you hit a $100 million jackpot. great. but then you find out 219 other people had the same combination. you won the lottery, but you ain't even getting a filet mignon out of it after you pay the taxes and split it 220 ways plus whatever split you have in your office.

numerical diversity is a key to lottery numbers. you want a good spread of numbers to lower the chances of you winning on a duplicative ticket. a duplicative ticket is a major buzzkill. major.

Latest posts