which was more surprising today?

mrolympia

the final score or that they kept the first team O out there and threw deep balls the last possession?

The latter was more surprising to me. Indiana doesn't have a good defense and we do so the final score wasn't that surprising to me. Having Stanley throw it 50 yards downfield on our last possession was very surprising.

9 were legit, I don't hold the defense accountable for the other team scoring off a turnover given up in our own territory

Yep, Stanley has done some good things lately but that’s 2 weeks in a row he’s gifted the opposing team a touchdown.

I'm pretty sure the last throw was just running a play that took 3 seconds off the clock. The throw before that was surprising tho.

Yep, Stanley has done some good things lately but that’s 2 weeks in a row he’s gifted the opposing team a touchdown.

it was a great play by the LB. He looked like he was going to blitz then drops back into a zone to stanley's right if I remember correctly. The pass went left. Most of us in the old NCAA football series would say "the computer cheated!" if they made that play.

I'm pretty sure the last throw was just running a play that took 3 seconds off the clock. The throw before that was surprising tho.

I think it was like this: you know when you have a basketball game in hand, so you plan to call of the dogs, but then the opposing team keeps pressing and is all up in your jerseys? Well you can't take that, you go to the hoop and get your buckets.

The game was in hand. Iowa was content running out the clock (1st play of last drive was a run). But Indiana wasn't playing straight and honest, they were sending 9 crashing towards the line to tee off on our RB. The hell with that noise, if you can't play honest, we are going up top.

I would have rather seen them do it with the backups, though. Hate to have someone get injured on a cheap shot there at the end.

it was a great play by the LB. He looked like he was going to blitz then drops back into a zone to stanley's right if I remember correctly. The pass went left. Most of us in the old NCAA football series would say "the computer cheated!" if they made that play.
I agree. The nature of the pass and the nature of the coverage had to be 100% called on the same play for it to have worked out that way. Had it been an ILB simply playing hooks and man under, he would have seen him. The LB was sprinting from out of the line of vision from behind OL and DL and it led to a sprint to the right spot accidentally INT.