Which player will improve the most by next season?

Which player will improve the most by next season?

• Luka Garza

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Joe Weiscamp

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • CJ Frederick

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Connor McCafferty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Touisant

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • JBO

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SomersHawk

I am thinking Joe Touisant is going to be doing his best to mimic Garza's off-season drive to improve his game and will return as perhaps the best point guard in the BT. He obviously isn't afraid of hard work and will take it to heart what he learned from being around Luka.

Joe “Turbo” Toussaint! With a year under his belt, I think he learns to play more under control.

I cast the first vote for Joe W. I think he will learn a lot from his struggles at the end of the season and come on next season to be a more consistent, steady player. And he is already very good.

I voted Joe T just because he is still so young and just raw talent. I also think having JoBo back will help take the pressure off of Joe T in terms of turnovers, court awareness and playing under control. Jo Bo should have a calming influence on him.

Joe W, only because his sophomore season was less than his talent should have carried him, but JT is a close second. Next season could be one we talk about for a long time if.......effn covid sh*t..........

I'm among the 11 voting for JT. So glad to counted among the wise!

I think HN is all over this one. I’ve mentioned this in a few threads but I definitely agree it’s Toussaint.

Fran was tough on him at times this year which was frustrating as a fan but hopefully it pays off in the long run. The B1G is losing some really good PGs in Winston, Cowan, and Simpson so maybe it’s time Toussaint puts his name up there as one of the better PGs in the league.

His shot was coming along at the end of the year which is a good sign going forward but I also think he can and will improve his finishing around the basket. He’s shown to be a pretty good passer as well at times. The big thing as we know is cutting back on the silly turnovers, but I can’t imagine having a year of experience under his belt hurting there.

I guess the other question mark is how many minutes does he get. IMO he’d certainly be deserving of more than he got last year but we also have JBo coming back into the fold.

Joe t I think if fran didn't feel good about him . I think he would of went after dj carton.but think pat mc will be the wild card of the team.

I think Joe T is a good pick because of the growth he can make on offense.

I'll go contrarian and say CJF.

Injuries really stunted his growth last year. If he's healthy, he has all-BIG potential.

God...I hope Garza comes back. How do you defend Garza in the post when you have JW, CJF, and Jordan Bohannon on the three point line. Where does the double team come from?

I'm really hoping Nunge comes back healthy and without losing anything. I heard he was really playing well, but was still getting acclimated to playing in the games.

I voted for JW, just because I thought he had just an OK sophomore season. He's got to get stronger off the dribble...and stronger in general. In the B10, teams rough you up...and get physical with you off the ball. He didn't handle that well IMO...especially late in the season. I think it impacted his entire game. I'd love to see him be a creator off the dribble...he doesn't have to score off the dribble all the time...he can create for others very easily.

Honestly, I wish Pemsl had stayed. Rebounding is going to be the only area where we could take a step back. Having Pemsl and Nunge would be a huge boost to defending the glass.

This is off topic, but really, what thread doesn't get taken far off the beaten path. I'm of the opinion that with Garza down low and if JW regains his; with CJF and now JBO back [and in form], we're gonna shoot lights out in many games! It's been said we got shooters coming in too! It's possible we could lead the league not only in FG %, but also 3 pt fg%. I'm jacked about next year! We damn well better play!!

I voted JW. I've seen too many players suffer the sophomore jinx under Fran.

But I've seen plenty leap forward in their junior year.

I voted JW just because I think JoeT will get fewer or maybe the exact minutes and thus fewer opportunities to improve this coming season. Where as I think Joe Wieskamp improves his efficiency with defenses not being able to key on him as much.

Now in theory Joe T could also improve his efficiency by developing a better outside shot and reducing turnovers.

In general, most college players improve the most between their freshman and sophomore years.

I remember when BJ Armstrong was a freshman thinking to myself, why did we recruit this guy.

JT is the leading all time scorer at his high school. I'm assuming competition at NYC schools is pretty good. So, JT should be able to put the ball in the basket. I was amazed at how well he took the ball to the rim last year. If he can start hitting from beyond the arc that will position him even better for drives. Assuming our other shooters and doing their thing, Ds will have to play JT straight up which should only help his game.

I went with Joe T. Just because I think he's got the most raw talent out of the bunch, and imagine (and hope) that he is working his butt off currently.

Latest posts