Which game(s) do you really, really want to win the most this year?

Which game or home/away conf. games wins are most important to you?

• N. Carolina

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Gonzaga

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • Purdue (1 gm.)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Minn. (2 gms)

• Wisc. (2 gms)

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Rutgers (2 gms)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maryland (1 gm.)

• Sparty (2 gms)

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Indiana (2 gms)

• Ill. (1 gm.)

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I

Ian Pike Hammer

Since there are so many to choose from, you may pick up to 3 choices. Why did you pick the games you did?

Illinois is on my radar. They were chirping after both games last year.

We nearly got them in Champaign after trailing by a huge defecit. Shortly before everything in the world went into an uproar.

Sparta of course cause I hate Izzo, Illinois cause I think the winner is conference champion, and Gonzaga for a chance for national recognition.

ALL OF THEM! Since forever we have a legit shot at not only a BT Title but if the ball bounces our way a NC. I know they will lose some games but would like to win em all! Following a big win with a loss takes off some of the shine.

Looks like the "Zags" got a bit-*ss target on their back lads!

I agree with HuckFinn and will double down. If we have a chance to win the National Title, we have 0 games on our schedule I don't expect to win this year. It's our year... if that is so, beat everybody

The conference games mean the most so I took Wisky and Illinois games along with Gonzaga. They seem to be the cream of the crop. We can afford to lose to either NC or Gonzaga. Maybe not both but as far as importance goes seeing where we lineup with Gonzaga and our conference means the most

Zag, NC, and Minnesota.

Dick Pitino cannot win.

And while I'm at it, what the F is with Minnesota hiring the absolute most annoying coaching personalities? Is there a more douche-rockety duo in all of college sports than Dick Pitino and Pajama Fleck?

I gotta say taking 2 from Sparty because winning the Big Ten would be really friggin cool and hasn't happened in a LONG time. Beating Sparty twice would help accomplish that.

Zag, NC, and Minnesota.

Dick Pitino cannot win.

And while I'm at it, what the F is with Minnesota hiring the absolute most annoying coaching personalities? Is there a more douche-rockety duo in all of college sports than Dick Pitino and Pajama Fleck?
Now that Dantonio is gone, there may not be.

Pat Chambers recently resigned, so that duo is off the board as well

How about U Conn's Randy Edsall/Danny Hurley? Hurley is naturally annoying, like Jim Boeheim was for many years, but I think you've nailed it.

The all-time duo of douche-rocketry may be Michigan's Bo Schembechler/Bill Frieder.

New AP poll. Iowa 3rd, Wisconsin 4th, Illinois 5th, MSU 8th. Gonna be a fun one ( or a frustrating one)

New AP poll. Iowa 3rd, Wisconsin 4th, Illinois 5th, MSU 8th. Gonna be a fun one ( or a frustrating one)
Yep. Without fail, the Hawks’ performance is inversely proportional to expectations. It’s a law of nature for Iowa.

A #3 ranking is going to put false visions of sugar plums in everyone’s head on this board.

Get ready for the ultimate of ultimate forum melt downs when we get dropped by the Western Illinois Community College Turd Burglars and housed by an unranked ISU.

It will be hilarious... going from a top three ranking one day to people here wanting Fran drug out in the Carver parking lot and executed the next. Just watch.

Yep. Without fail, the Hawks’ performance is inversely proportional to expectations. It’s a law of nature for Iowa.

A #3 ranking is going to put false visions of sugar plums in everyone’s head on this board.

Get ready for the ultimate of ultimate forum melt downs when we get dropped by the Western Illinois Community College Turd Burglars and housed by an unranked ISU.

It will be hilarious... going from a top three ranking one day to people here wanting Fran drug out in the Carver parking lot and executed the next. Just watch.
Yeah it's easy to see coming but I hope you're wrong. If we had even a remotely better defense I'd say there's less of a chance of it but that's still an issue. We are going to struggle with that still. The problem with climbing so high up in the polls this early is there's nowhere else to go but down... And we can't say how good we are compared to many others yet till more games are played. We know we can put up 80 plus on everyone but can we stop everyone from getting more then that? To hope the other team has an off day shooting can be a lot to ask for every night..

I chose the first round NCAA game, the first game in the final four and the championship game. Those three would seem to be very important!

Latest posts