Where Kris Goes, Iowa Goes

ssckelley

That was really made evident last night against Clemson. I don’t think Kris has ever had a shooting night that terrible. Granted Iowa found a way to win but Clemson is not all that good, Iowa should have won that by double digits. It was nice to see Patrick step up for some tough points in the paint and Tony was clutch at the free throw line. But this team will only go as far as Kris can take them.

The good news is I think he can do it. I doubt we will see many more games like he had last night.

Ever stopped and thought how Iowa maybe has 3 POY s of the year and... we'll the reasons are thought provoking.

I do believe that we will be able to rely on Patrick the rest of the season

He and Kris will be difficult to stop when they are on

Both rather unconventional and hard to contain

When they both are hitting threes we shall prevail

Lol, just what I thought when Clemson tied up near the end of the game. “Well this is just great!”
There were Fran teams of the past who had less mental fortitude than the last two or three who would have found a way to lose that game.

Kris is better playing on the perimeter. Keegan is better playing in the paint. Right now, you need Keegan. The last 2 games, Kris has missed a lot of easy buckets inside the paint... that's what made his brother special, just scoring points on the easy stuff.

Kris is going to get beat up all year. The amount of minutes he will need to play will add to him being worn down by the end of the season. Until Fran changes the type of player he recruits, which he probably won't, they will always struggle with physical play. I don't understand Fran always wanting the lean player and not a bigger bodied player.

There were Fran teams of the past who had less mental fortitude than the last two or three who would have found a way to lose that game.
TCU is not a good team. They beat California.... which is absolutely terrible. They lost to NW State. Will be at or near the bottom of the 12. Seton Hall doesn't look very good at this point either.

TCU is not a good team. They beat California.... which is absolutely terrible. They lost to NW State. Will be at or near the bottom of the 12. Seton Hall doesn't look very good at this point either.

TCU is better than what you think. You do realize that their top 2 scorers missed 2 games this year? They get after you defensively too. Middle of the pack Big 12 team for sure. It wont be a bad loss come March.

TCU was ranked 14th coming into the season. They have a great coach, I would be shocked if this ends up being a bad loss. I will admit, the other night gives me plenty of pause for excitement.

With TCU not having two of their best players for the game and beating Iowa as badly as they did, I would be very concerned going forward with this team.

With TCU not having two of their best players for the game and beating Iowa as badly as they did, I would be very concerned going forward with this team.
TCU is a top 40 KenPom team and this was a quad 1 matchup on a neutral court. Very concerned? TCU is a good team with a good coach. They were pre-season top 14. They returned a lot with Miles being a huge player for them. They were only missing Miller to my knowledge, so not their two best players.

I also don't think Perkins is 100%. It was a bad game, not sure I'd be hitting the sell button just yet though. Iowa is likely a top 25 team most of this season. Are they top 15? Probably not at this point.

Every year Iowa loses it's first game, it's a nice reality check. I'll be more focused on how the next 4 go. All winnable -

If Iowa goes

4-0 over the next 4 - book your S16 tickets
if they go 3-1 consider top 5 finish in the B1G
if they go 2-2 that would be normal. Likely rotate around the top 25 most of the year. Easily in the dance
1-3 - very concerned.... making the tournament still possible though
0-4 - likely going to be a really long year for Iowa.

They all played in the Iowa game, they missed 2 games earlier. Leading scorer Miles (18 per) missed the game they lost.

They all played in the Iowa game, they missed 2 games earlier. Leading scorer Miles (18 per) missed the game they lost.
I would still be concerned. Their physicality totally took Iowa out of what they want to do. I don't see that changing down the road.

I would still be concerned. Their physicality totally took Iowa out of what they want to do. I don't see that changing down the road.
That is true. That is very concerning. Actually always been an issue for Iowa teams against physical teams especially guards.

Latest posts