What was Fran thinking?

GhostofBTT

Banned
I have two serious problems with the way he coached this game tonight. One, when the game was well in hand with a 40 point lead in the 2nd half, why did he still have Gabe Olesani out there? Do you really want to risk injury to a guy like that just so he can pad his stats against a hapless team? What good is it having him play with Rickert, Dennings, and Stokes? Why do they need the confidence? Two, it was pretty classless of Fran to keep Gabe out there when we were dominating like that. Yeah, he pumped up what was left in the crowd with his blocks, but did we really need to humiliate SC St like that? Steve Alford was embarrassed by that behavior.

I have two serious problems with the way he coached this game tonight. One, when the game was well in hand with a 40 point lead in the 2nd half, why did he still have Gabe Olesani out there? Do you really want to risk injury to a guy like that just so he can pad his stats against a hapless team? What good is it having him play with Rickert, Dennings, and Stokes? Why do they need the confidence? Two, it was pretty classless of Fran to keep Gabe out there when we were dominating like that. Yeah, he pumped up what was left in the crowd with his blocks, but did we really need to humiliate SC St like that? Steve Alford was embarrassed by that behavior.

Sorry in advance to the "No football talk on the basketball board" pantywaists around here, but I had flashbacks of a certain key injury sustained in a blowout victory over Michigan State in 2010. I hope Fran doesn't learn that lesson the hard way one of these nights. Football program is 13-17 bince that game. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

For someone with Ghost's history of trolling I am amazed when he can still sucker someone in

Well done

Also, does Denning start getting Oglesby's minutes? We need a knock down shooter like Denning on the floor

He was on the court for his leadership, you can tell he knew Stokes was the only Hawkeye without a point and wanted Darius to get a bucket. Sadly Darius got his horrible 3 attempt rejected.

memes-success-troll-look-the-internet-is-on-fire.jpg

It was fun to see Olesani get the minutes he did. He is a lot better this year, and he will be a lot better next year. Iowa could have a monster team next year.

It was fun to see Olesani get the minutes he did. He is a lot better this year, and he will be a lot better next year. Iowa could have a monster team next year.

You have a warped view of fun, then. Gabe risked season-ending, perhaps even career-ending, injury continuing to play for a coach who was already up by 40 and appeared bent on running up the score even further. I hope Gary Barta puts a letter in Fran's file.

McCabe needs the practice. Olesani needs to be saved for BoneG season. No need risking an injury just to get highlight footage against some knobs.

You are an idiot. Ya, save a guy who desperately needs playing time to develop. Well, you got 2 more posts, DOP.

He could have suffered a life threatening injury. What the heck is wrong with Fran, anyway?

Latest posts