What is your take on Georgia's tackling skills and technique?

uihawk82

I have only watched them against Bama, about a half against Mich, and now Bama and they are not very skilled tacklers.

Tackle way too high, with their hands, and dont get runners or receivers down very often on first contact. They do not break down well so they miss tackles.

I can imagine they would be much better tackling waist and lower and putting their shoulders into the runners and wrapping up. Pretty basic.

Iowa's defense is so much better at this most of the time.

I have only watched them against Bama, about a half against Mich, and now Bama and they are not very skilled tacklers.

Tackle way too high, with their hands, and dont get runners or receivers down very often on first contact. They do not break down well so they miss tackles.

I can imagine they would be much better tackling waist and lower and putting their shoulders into the runners and wrapping up. Pretty basic.

They get to the target quickly but you’re correct, they go in too high and don’t wrap up.

You can do the whole shoulder hit thing if you’re faster than most WRs and have equally talented guys behind you.

They gave up 18 pts to Bama and just won the whole thing so tough to pick nits too much. I don't like them but since both teams couldn't lose I guess Bama losing isn't a bad thing

They gave up 18 pts to Bama and just won the whole thing so tough to pick nits too much. I don't like them but since both teams couldn't lose I guess Bama losing isn't a bad thing
Have a couple friends who are Georgia alums so, yeah, I can share in their joy. No friends from ‘Bama.

Have a couple friends who are Georgia alums so, yeah, I can share in their joy. No friends from ‘Bama.
I know 4 Alabama bandwagoners with no connection, but I'm too old or lazy to give people shit about their teams anymore. Unless they're nebraska or ISU fans.

So is Georgia's. Iowa's tackling sucked more times than not against any team of substance all year. Georgia showed us what the current iteration of Iowa football can be with some minor improvements, but it also takes some "luck," like the fourth quarter heroics you witnessed last night. How many times have we seen Iowa's defense fall apart in the fourth quarter in big games the last ten years? Georgia looked very "Iowa" in the SEC Championship game, in a less desirable way, and they looked very "Iowa" last night, in a more favorable way. Playing football with an average-good offense and great defense and Special Teams is going to lead to more variance, and it's going to take luck to make deep runs.

LOL. You honestly watched Georgia play last night and your takeaway impression is that they're not a good tackling team? I must have been watching a different defense...

The best players in the country tackle better than the very average players in the country. No big surprises here.

Latest posts