What is wrong with you?

Well then let's see...no calm down threads, no fire the coaches threads...no I know more than the coaches threads, no coaches gave up on the team threads. What are we going to talk about? Oh I've got an idea, how about how we're going to kick Pitts a$$ thread and move on.

If you don't understand that people need a few days to vent after a loss like that, then you can't be helped.

If you don't understand that people need a few days to vent after a loss like that, then you can't be helped.

Then I expect you give the players and coaches that time as well. To heck with working on things or planning for this coming Saturday, lets all just wallow in or own pity party.
Funny how you expect 18-20 year old kids to man up, while adult fans get to "vent". OR you could fly your Hawk flags high, wear Hawk gear everyday this week, if anybody tries to get under your skin, buck up and just say, it was a good game and we will get them next year, go to this Saturdays game, be louder than you ever have before, and just all around show some support. If we as fans cant do that, who are we to expect the coaches and players to do it?

giving up with 1:17 on the clock and 2 timeouts, that's quitting on the team and having no confidence, 4-1 in overtime with a runnig back that was the only one who got the ball in the 1st OT, who got the td and didn't get a chance to get a chance to pick up 1 lousy yard, and you can't tell me their defense was not tired, that is showing no guts, can't explain it any better than that

I can see both sides to the arguement. I also believe that KF should have tried to get into field goal range or even a touchdown, just try. BUT, he played for OT which you cant blame either. If Iowa would have turned the ball over on their own side of the field then Iowa may have not even made it to OT. He made the conservative call. If it was the right call is purely ones own personal opinion.

I understand the "venting" process. I did that immediately following the game. To keep replaying it doesn't do anyone any good. If you can't understand that now, you will in a few years, when you get a little more life experience under your belt.

Venting is understandable. To call a HC and his staff that has led the Hawks to 9 straight bowl games gutless and quitters is the dumbest and most pathetic thing that i have ever heard. Save and remember all these posts when KF and NP are gone and Ui football is starting over again. Morons.

I actually like the ****** off threads. They are can be very irrational and extrememly fun to read.

Then you have the well thought out ****** off thread which isn't as fun to read by very informative and in general very realistic.

My only question for the "****** off" crowd, particulary the ones targeting the coach, is where was this last December when Iowa needed a horrible throw by a good QB and a fantastic return to avoid a 4 game losing streak?

If Gabbert throws that ball away or takes a sack, Iowa would have been down by 10 less than a minute later because Missouri was shreading Iowa at that point.

Too many people were very happy with a medicore performance in a 3rd tier bowl game after a very poor season.

"If Gabbert throws that ball away or takes a sack, Iowa would have been down by 10 less than a minute later because Missouri was shreading Iowa at that point."
And if my aunt had balls....

I actually like the ****** off threads. They are can be very irrational and extrememly fun to read.

Then you have the well thought out ****** off thread which isn't as fun to read by very informative and in general very realistic.

My only question for the "****** off" crowd, particulary the ones targeting the coach, is where was this last December when Iowa needed a horrible throw by a good QB and a fantastic return to avoid a 4 game losing streak?

If Gabbert throws that ball away or takes a sack, Iowa would have been down by 10 less than a minute later because Missouri was shreading Iowa at that point.

Too many people were very happy with a medicore performance in a 3rd tier bowl game after a very poor season.
And IF Coker trips and falls on the long TD run.............man that was easy.

The better complete team on the field last Saturday was Iowa State. Let's move on to Pitt.

I still think this team can and will improve a lot. There are many important games remaining.

I do not agree with this. The team with the QB who played lights out against a coach who refuses to adjust scheme won this game

Then I expect you give the players and coaches that time as well. To heck with working on things or planning for this coming Saturday, lets all just wallow in or own pity party.
Funny how you expect 18-20 year old kids to man up, while adult fans get to "vent". OR you could fly your Hawk flags high, wear Hawk gear everyday this week, if anybody tries to get under your skin, buck up and just say, it was a good game and we will get them next year, go to this Saturdays game, be louder than you ever have before, and just all around show some support. If we as fans cant do that, who are we to expect the coaches and players to do it?

I've not ripped on a single player. I've been p*ssed that the coaches didn't man up, but there wasn't much more that the players could have done.

Gotta love the meltdown after a bad game. I put this game in perspective. It wasn't nearly as bad as last years loss to Minnesota. There was absolutely no reason for that loss. This year we have a lot of young players. They need experiance and training to be competitive. They will get better.

"If Gabbert throws that ball away or takes a sack, Iowa would have been down by 10 less than a minute later because Missouri was shreading Iowa at that point."
And if my aunt had balls....

And IF Coker trips and falls on the long TD run.............man that was easy.

Now this is what I'm talking about!

After wins when the ball bounces Iowa's way even when they are outplayed & an eyelash away from being down double digits with 5 minutes in the game, its "everything is fine, nothing to see here, in Kirk we trust, blah blah".

But when Iowa doesn't get the bounces and they lose a tight game in which they were in the lead quite a bit, the same peeps are "sky is falling, fire the coach, Dline sucks, too conservative" etc.

Fact is you saw pretty much the same thing all last year as you did against ISU two days ago:

1. Conservative on both sides of the ball, avoiding mistakes at all costs
2. Defense not giving up a lot of points through 55 minutes (17)
3. Defense failing to hold a 4th quarter lead
4. Offense going into a shell for large portions of the game unable to move the ball
5. Really the only difference between last year & ISU 2011 was Iowa was up by 7 late instead of 3,4,5, or 6. Last year they gave up the winning TD late, this year the D gave up the tying TD late and proceded to give up 3 more TDs in overtime, not any different than what would have happened last year if the same situation would have presented itself against NW, MINN, OSU, AZ, or WIS.

I've not ripped on a single player. I've been p*ssed that the coaches didn't man up, but there wasn't much more that the players could have done.

I went nuts. Got mad, complained about almost every aspect of our D, and got it out. New week, new team, thats all I am saying. The kids and coaches have work to do, best we can do now, as fans is be supportive. So lets do our best and hope that creates an attitude for them to do theirs.

Grow up, and can I have fries with that please. Like I said there are those that do, and those that dont.
Just one little question in your "he gave up on his team" thought there and I guess his "no guts" thought as well. You dont think it was pretty gutsy to put the game in the D's hands? You dont think he was showing faith in his D by putting the game in their hands? Maybe just maybe, he was thinking our O will be fine this year and if that D can get the stop, it would build momentum for them going into the year. Maybe just maybe he thought if we dont get the W, it wont affect our chances at Indy anyway, but if we do, alot of kids come away with some much needed confidence.
But I guess when you are worried about if that was super sized or not, you dont have a chance to think about things like that.

Maybe you should do that yourself, the question here is what is wrong with you?

Venting is understandable. To call a HC and his staff that has led the Hawks to 9 straight bowl games gutless and quitters is the dumbest and most pathetic thing that i have ever heard. Save and remember all these posts when KF and NP are gone and Ui football is starting over again. Morons.

Yet there were YET again yesterday and it won't be the last time they show how yellow they are either.

Well said Olddude. I'm sick of hearing the whining and fire KF, KOK... We lost. We get to go out and play another one in 5 days. Time to let it go "Fans".

I guess the thing that get's me is both sides truly have a point, however to say that we shouldn't be allowed to vent because the team doesn't have that opportunity is a bit rediculous. The bottom line is we are nothing more than die hard fans, but in the scheme of things were irrelevant, so it doesn't matter whether we sulk or get ****** off and what we do in between games. The only thing that matters is that we come out on Saturday to support our favorite team and kick Pitt's butt up and down the field. Who cares what we do in the mean time. It's a game, whether we like it or not. Meaningless game or not its still a game and has little impact on our lives in the future.

I guess the thing that get's me is both sides truly have a point, however to say that we shouldn't be allowed to vent because the team doesn't have that opportunity is a bit rediculous. The bottom line is we are nothing more than die hard fans, but in the scheme of things were irrelevant, so it doesn't matter whether we sulk or get ****** off and what we do in between games. The only thing that matters is that we come out on Saturday to support our favorite team and kick Pitt's butt up and down the field. Who cares what we do in the mean time. It's a game, whether we like it or not. Meaningless game or not its still a game and has little impact on our lives in the future.
What's wrong with you!!! That is totally logical and dosen't belong here on HN!!! :D

What is wrong with me? We just lost to ISU for the 7th time in 13 years.

I make no apologies to you, olddude, if I can't just say "Aw shucks, we lost a game. Well, that's football!" a day or two after the game. To be 6-7 against an in-state rival that has ZERO football tradition tends to frustrate me.

Grow up, and can I have fries with that please. Like I said there are those that do, and those that dont.
Just one little question in your "he gave up on his team" thought there and I guess his "no guts" thought as well. You dont think it was pretty gutsy to put the game in the D's hands? You dont think he was showing faith in his D by putting the game in their hands? Maybe just maybe, he was thinking our O will be fine this year and if that D can get the stop, it would build momentum for them going into the year. Maybe just maybe he thought if we dont get the W, it wont affect our chances at Indy anyway, but if we do, alot of kids come away with some much needed confidence.
But I guess when you are worried about if that was super sized or not, you dont have a chance to think about things like that.

Maybe, just maybe Kirk should have been focused on winning the game, not making the defensive unit "feel good".

Maybe, just maybe a smarter coach would see that his defense is completely out of gas and had not forced a punt since the second quarter, and tried to win the game with his offense instead of "hoping" the defense would suddenly turn it around or get lucky.

So tell me....which unit's confidence has gone up...the offense or the defense? I'd guess they both went DOWN.

Latest posts