What does each Big 10 team lose next year?

No using your year of eligibility also I believe. I dont follow the rosters of the other teams but I would say the hawks only lose Garza and JBo. JWeiskamp could use another 20 pounds on the upper body to get his shoulders past the defender when he drives. He is a very good talent but he needs that better drive to the basket handles to give him an all around game. Other than that all the others should be back and I sure hope Nunge's knee works out ok because he is just a good hawk.

Wouldn't it be something if that Quad Cities guy, Liam Robbins, finished up at Iowa? I don't see it, though. He would be good insurance for Nunge's meniscus not coming around by this fall. Then there's the X man? And, the transfer portal just might be full of bigs.........

I think the real key for next year is Weisy. The Hawks could be his team next year with him not playing under the shadow of Luka. But who knows where his head is? He's really come on lately and he could play pro ball next year, make some money and still work on his game. I don't see him on an NBA roster but he could play in the G league or overseas. In the G league he could continue working on his stregth and codnitioning under the tutelage of an NBA team, that wouldn't be so bad for him. But if we lose Garza, JBo and Weisy that's a big void to fill and while we can be good I just don't think as good if Weisy stays. If he comes back it doesn't really matter who comes back for the other teams.

Michigan will still have excellent talent and supposedly they have a top recruiting class. We can expect OSU, Maryland, Purdue, Indiana to be tough regardless of the names. And, the rest of the B1G, they'll all probably be tough as well.

Before Nunge's latest injury, I had envisioned a similar approach to this year. With Nunge and the freshmen center playing the center role, JT moving into the point, and everyone else slotting in.

I am thinking differently now. Assuming no big transfers, I think Fran would be better served to go small and fast. Do something similar to what Creighton does. Start JT, CJ, JW, Connor and Keegan. Go 11-12 deep. Press the whole game. Run and gun.

We are losing arguably our two worst defenders in Garza and JBO. Everyone coming back next year are actually all pretty good defenders (Ok, Patrick needs some work). Let's press, play sticky defense and play fast for 40 minutes. Totally different approach, but fits the talent.

Anyone want to give this a shot yet?

This was the first thing I thought of when Windsor went into hibernation early. There are 1 or 2 other people that like to do it, but I can't remember who they are or that they even post anymore. Lol, I know it is not me.

This was the first thing I thought of when Windsor went into hibernation early. There are 1 or 2 other people that like to do it, but I can't remember who they are or that they even post anymore. Lol, I know it is not me.
I’m not completely gone. I check in but don’t have much to say...other than I really want John Harrar to be a Hawk next year.

As for the topic of this thread. I will do something with it after the (Portal) dust settles and seniors declare their intentions...take advantage of COVID or leave. But that could be a couple months from now...unless there’s time limit on this stuff. By then I may as well wait for the draft withdrawals.

Before Nunge's latest injury, I had envisioned a similar approach to this year. With Nunge and the freshmen center playing the center role, JT moving into the point, and everyone else slotting in.

I am thinking differently now. Assuming no big transfers, I think Fran would be better served to go small and fast. Do something similar to what Creighton does. Start JT, CJ, JW, Connor and Keegan. Go 11-12 deep. Press the whole game. Run and gun.

We are losing arguably our two worst defenders in Garza and JBO. Everyone coming back next year are actually all pretty good defenders (Ok, Patrick needs some work). Let's press, play sticky defense and play fast for 40 minutes. Totally different approach, but fits the talent.

And if Nunge is the starter he is athletic and fast enough the play the back end of a press. When I have seen him put the ball on the floor and drive it from the arc he is moving pretty good. Making great plays on the press is as much anticipation as pure speed

Well Spring has Sprung so its time to move on to other sports mainly the Masters (might be humans in attendance!) Going forward for Iowa hoops I want to see 6' 8" clones of Eddie Horton and Kevin Gamble. Easy Ed could rebound and no one came in to the lane without paying a price. Guard wise stop recruiting little piss ants like Bohannon yes he can win a Dr Pepper shoot out at half time however can not create his on shot to save his life. I need athletes my brothers of the Hawks autopsy of this season. Oh a BJ Armstrong prototype not bad either. Andre Woolridge would be behind curtain number two Monty.