What are we looking at for next year?

docholihawk

While we have yet another disappointing seasons end it makes me wonder who is going to start next year, who is going to be the team leader and will we be good enough to get to the NIT or better.
Of course Jok will start and be the number one option on offense. Uhl, I think he needs to make a huge leap in basketball IQ in order to be dependable. Will Baer start or is he to valuable coming off the bench. Will this years freshman or next years freshman be quality starters? Any thoughts?

A fast, rangy and versatile team. Baer and Jok will provide a lot for the team. I like Cook, Wagner and Uhl on the inside. I also look forward to seeing Moss play.

A fresh start. Seems like the type of team where FM does his best coaching......I am guessing NIT bound setting things up for 2017-18

Lots of people have said Nit before each of the last 2 seasons also. I expact more, they got a lot coming in and 2 more coming off red shirt.

Baer,Uhl,Williams, Jok. Wagner.. is probably the starting line-up.

It's hard to know...There is potential. It's what were going to get from the unknowns that is.....unknown

Do tell. What would Frann's "best coaching" be? I've yet to see it.

This game and this season has been frustrating I get it. Let's not lose all perspective, these group of Seniors have the most wins in a 4 yr. span than any other in school history. Say what you will about that stat if anything that should least give you hope. That he can coach these guys up to the point that you are building something moving forward.

I think both Cook and Bohannon have a good chance to compete for starting jobs right away. Jordan Bohannon has been named Iowa Mr. Basketball and he can really light it up. Tyler cook is also athletic, and he's at 240 pounds already. He plays fast for that weight. He has the build to be a force right away. Maybe Cook, Uhl, Baer, Jok, Bohannon to start. All though I would not count out Wagner or Williams.

Our 1, 2, 3, and 5 will be as good or better. Our 4 will be way worse.
Who's our 5 going to be? If it's Uhl I'm going to have to see a huge improvement. Shot selection is bad this year. I'm not trying to bash him but this year he played like he was the number one option on offense. Maybe he'll settle in next year.

Who's our 5 going to be? If it's Uhl I'm going to have to see a huge improvement. Shot selection is bad this year. I'm not trying to bash him but this year he played like he was the number one option on offense. Maybe he'll settle in next year.

Wagner maybe. For as much as Woody gets credit for defense, he has completely lost the lane the last month. When you have his offensive game to go with that, I'm confident when I say our 5 will be at least as good.

Anyone who hasn't seen Cook highlights should check them out. Him and Wagner are a long ways from our skinny guys we're used to seeing.

Starters...Williams, Jok, Baer, Wagner and Cook/Uhl is my best guess. I will be changing my 12-6 sig/prediction for this year to 10-8 for next ear.

I almost forgot about Dale Jones. From what I understand his recovery is coming along well. He can compete for a starting job at the 4.