Whar the Assistant Coaches?

WinOneThisCentury

You want these guys in place for Spring Ball right...to get some continuity? Man...I said it before...and it's really without any knowledge if he even has any interest...but plugging in someone like Marshall Yanda as your OL coach would be incredible. He loves the game...he used to come back to Iowa City to work out and train. Can you imagine that dude walking into your living room sporting a Super Bowl ring and telling you what you could become with the right direction? Sold.

My understanding is that he still has his house in Marion and he sold his house in Baltimore. Negotiate time off in the winter and summer for fishing and hunting trips and he should be good to go.

Has the Football Firm of Ferentz & Ferentz lost it's touch in attracting top talent?

Last edited:
Texas is paying a million $ for each two of their asst’s. Head coach huge $$. KF now 6th in BT. Paul Chryst near the bottom. Go figure. Harbaugh still way over paid.

Texas is paying a million $ for each two of their asst’s. Head coach huge $$. KF now 6th in BT. Paul Chryst near the bottom. Go figure. Harbaugh still way over paid.
LOL...but let's cut swimming and gymnastics because there is no money in our athletic budgets. Texas has deep, deep pockets...but when the B10 is doling out $55 million a year to B10 members too...it's pretty clear these departments have a viable revenue stream once fan attendance returns to normal and one year isn't going to break their bank. The whining from ADs is ridiculous. Suck it up for christ's sake.

You want these guys in place for Spring Ball right...to get some continuity? Man...I said it before...and it's really without any knowledge if he even has any interest...but plugging in someone like Marshall Yanda as your OL coach would be incredible. He loves the game...he used to come back to Iowa City to work out and train. Can you imagine that dude walking into your living room sporting a Super Bowl ring and telling you what you could become with the right direction? Sold.

My understanding is that he still has his house in Marion and he sold his house in Baltimore. Negotiate time off in the winter and summer for fishing and hunting trips and he should be good to go.

Has the Football Firm of Ferentz & Ferentz lost it's touch in attracting top talent?
Yeah, getting Marshall Yanda back and coaching the OLine would be great PR, but as everyone knows: Being a good or great player does not make one a good or great coach.

Yeah, getting Marshall Yanda back and coaching the OLine would be great PR, but as everyone knows: Being a good or great player does not make one a good or great coach.
I'd be willing to take a chance on him. He's a born leader...8 Pro Bowls...and he's a Ring of Honor recipient for the Baltimore Ravens. That's one hell of an honor...to see your name around the ring of that stadium with the greats in franchise history. Everyone in Baltimore talked about his leadership skills and preparation...I'd be willing to bet he would be a good coach.

I would like to see a little more spent on coaches. Especially a QB whisperer. Someone who could really help recruiting. If they can coach then having some Hawkeye greats on the staff would be a plus. There are some dream names out there. Especially later when NFL careers are over.

Does AJ Blazek really want to be at Vanderbilt? I realize the optics look bad making a third move in about 6 months, but he really seems like the guy to replace Polasek

My guess is that they will pluck guys from FCS schools. Go back to NDSU and grab someone. Dan Larson's resume looks like someone they would grab.

Fans: This team needs to shake things up and change xyz...

Fans: We should only look at former Iowa players to be new coaches...

I know, broad strokes, but not totally inaccurate.

I hope KF hires James, so I can read all the posts about raging nepotism. Yahoo!
Honestly...I don't think you can hire him. It's too many Ferentz's on one staff. You got sons, son in laws, and now another son? Is that the reason we are having such a hard time landing these new coaches.

Barta is trying to figure out a press release that Mary Ferentz is going to be coaching the running backs. Finally...someone who can tell Brian he's not really that smart.

Honestly...I don't think you can hire him. It's too many Ferentz's on one staff. You got sons, son in laws, and now another son? Is that the reason we are having such a hard time landing these new coaches.

Barta is trying to figure out a press release that Mary Ferentz is going to be coaching the running backs. Finally...someone who can tell Brian he's not really that smart.
This is all conjecture, but if he’s a good candidate then why the hell not?

And as far as that goes, Steve Ferentz was a grad assistant for a while after he graduated. So technically there have already been 3 Ferentzes on the staff.

And what in the world are you talking about re: Tyler Barnes? You wanna consider getting rid of the dude because he married Ferentz’s kid? Iowa’s 3 year average recruiting ranking has gone from the high 50s to low 30s since he came on staff and these next two years looking like they’ll be even better.

I don’t care if the entire family once removed is on staff if we win ball games and run a clean program.

Yanda would never want to be away from his family as long as you would need to in order to be an assistant coach. Plus, he is a wealthy man. Not worth it. Sit back, let someone else farm the 10,000 acres you just bought and be a stay-at-home dad is probably his mode right now.

(I have no idea if he bought 10,000 acres, just guessing he might do that)