Well fellas...it's time

1hawkeye1

I'm not a "FIRE THE COACH" guy by any means. Hell, I wanted to give Lick one more year. But that performance vs Purdue was just uninspired and pathetic. Just by experience alone Iowa should've at least competed with Purdue. Purdue is young, inexperienced and not that great. Iowa was out of the game mid way through the first half.

Since the game was over early on, I began watching the helpside defenders. They were absolutely clueless. Constantly out of position, backs turned to the ball, no awareness, little communication... a sad thing to watch.

I'm sorry, Fran. I've supported you since day one. But I'm done now. This program is, and has been stuck in the mud for years. And there's no sign of it changing in the future.

I appreciate what you've done for Iowa, Fran. But you've done all you can and it's time to try a change.

Burn it to the ground.:(

I'm not a "FIRE THE COACH" guy by any means. Hell, I wanted to give Lick one more year. But that performance vs Purdue was just uninspired and pathetic. Just by experience alone Iowa should've at least competed with Purdue. Purdue is young, inexperienced and not that great. Iowa was out of the game mid way through the first half.

Since the game was over early on, I began watching the helpside defenders. They were absolutely clueless. Constantly out of position, backs turned to the ball, no awareness, little communication... a sad thing to watch.

I'm sorry, Fran. I've supported you since day one. But I'm done now. This program is, and has been stuck in the mud for years. And there's no sign of it changing in the future.

I appreciate what you've done for Iowa, Fran. But you've done all you can and it's time to try a change.

With his buyout there no way it happens unless they tank next season too. If ‘19/‘20 is in the shitter again I’m saying he’ll get the boot, but not this year.

I wonder why they were playing "sound and fundamental defense" earlier this year and now it is reverting back to dog crap. It isn't that complicated: help out, box out, fill the lanes, switch, stay in front...mostly DO SOMETHING don't just stand there.

I've been saying this about Fran's teams for years now. In spite of the discussion about Adjusted Defensive Efficiency, KemPom, etc. His teams have always had this problem. It says much more about the skill of some of his former players, that they managed to have decent defensive ratings. It was never anything that Fran did. You could see that by the things you just pointed out.

I wonder why they were playing "sound and fundamental defense" earlier this year and now it is reverting back to dog crap. It isn't that complicated: help out, box out, fill the lanes, switch, stay in front...mostly DO SOMETHING don't just stand there.
Fran and the players just settled back into their old habits. I've dealt with this situation first hand, when I started coaching. You have to ride them like dogs to keep them from reverting back to this crap. That's why I wanted to see Fran hire that defensive coach permanently. It isn't complicated. It's repetition of fundamentals, each and every practice.

Fran and the players just settled back into their old habits. I've dealt with this situation first hand, when I started coaching. You have to ride them like dogs to keep them from reverting back to this crap. That's why I wanted to see Fran hire that defensive coach permanently. It isn't complicated. It's repetition of fundamentals, each and every practice.
It is hard work, and is unappealing.

Latest posts