Well Doyle didn't last long

longtimer

What a stupid move by Meyer. What in the world was he thinking? On the other hand Doyle could maybe make a living by getting buyouts?

Maybe he was still recalling that 2017 beatdown......

Meyer will find out quickly that the NFL isn't Gainesville Florida or Columbus Ohio. There are no coaching emperors. And the jury is still out as to whether he can coach at that level. Few can make the transition. Pete Carroll's and Jimmy Johnsons are few and far between.

Doyle is pretty much unemployable now. But don't cry any tears for him, he's been making $800K at Iowa for sometime now and right around now is when he gets his Iowa buyout, what was it, $1.2M?

Plus, I believe he's listed on that lawsuit filed against Iowa football and that has to be dealt with.

There were so many listings of things Doyle did and say I really dont remember a lot of details. But someone posted recently about the rowing squad and slaves which is one I hadnt heard and if true he has no cache with players anywhere especially the nfl. Meyer may have thought a year or so would dim memories but not.

Oh, wow, yeah it's all over the news. I have a feeling Meyer was thinking no one would really notice - looks like he was wrong on that feeling.

My question, is this. When someone has said shitty things to those people over the course of 20 years is it a pattern? Is it 'who he is'? Does it rise to the level where he should be dubbed a racist?
Sounds like a great question as a thread starter in the OT forum. Not here.

Below is an article from Mia O'Brien of a Jacksonville TV station go over the situation from the Jacksonville perspective. She interviewed several Hawkeye players and asks the question, does Chris Doyle deserve a second chance.

I guess my feeling is that at this time he doesn't. He never admitted to any wrongdoing, he never said he was sorry, never expressed any remorse. He just took his buyout and jetted out of IC. If he really wants to work again, IMO, he needs to rehabilitate his reputation. Can even time pass where he doesn't need to do anything, only time will tell.

I just remember some episode where they were like "The guy with the rope and duct tape really concerned me."
I think they quit making episodes after that district attorney down in Texas got busted and shot himself when they showed up to serve the warrant.

You have to understand Jacksonville and their love for Jaguars. You just can't just waltzed your way in Jacksonville and be welcomed. it has nothing to do with the colors of your skin. It's the Navy things.
They had three Navy bases before closing one of the bases. You have bunch of civil s vice workers on the bases, they have season tickets to Jaquar's games, Pilots, Admirials, Sailors, Retirees, Marines, and Veterans all goes to that games. If you're racist, you're not welcome.

Latest posts