WBB

BILLYBOBSTEXAS

Who among us, (with the exception of Clinton), thinks Lisa Bluder is the answer for womens basketball coach. I know she is a hall of famer, but efforts like that against Nebby are pathetic. Maybe I was spoiled with C. Vivian Stringer with the talent and coaching she brought to the table.

That’s absurd, she has 710 career wins, and the most wins of any coach at the University of Iowa. She coached Iowa to a big 10 championship. They have made the post season 16 out of 17 years. She has been named Big 10 coach of the year 3 times. You can’t just watch 1 game and cast judgement on a successful coach based on that. I could do the same if I wanted, look they beat 12th ranked Ohio State on Thursday so she must be a great coach.

That’s absurd, she has 710 career wins, and the most wins of any coach at the University of Iowa. She coached Iowa to a big 10 championship. They have made the post season 16 out of 17 years. She has been named Big 10 coach of the year 3 times. You can’t just watch 1 game and cast judgement on a successful coach based on that. I could do the same if I wanted, look they beat 12th ranked Ohio State on Thursday so she must be a great coach.
Having a kid on the team who was obviously courted by Bluder kinda makes your opinion a little biased, doesn't it?

Hence why @BILLYBOBSTEXAS included the ClintonIAfan disclaimer in his OP.

Who among us, (with the exception of Clinton), thinks Lisa Bluder is the answer for womens basketball coach. I know she is a hall of famer, but efforts like that against Nebby are pathetic. Maybe I was spoiled with C. Vivian Stringer with the talent and coaching she brought to the table.
Stringer is indeed an excellent coach. While you are dissing Coach Bluder over one game why don't you take a moment and post what Stringer's record was last year or pick out a few games from last year. I was disappointed in how Iowa played against Nebraska, but I'm mature enough to think they'll improve and have a nice tournament run. Coach Bluder does a great job and has two more excellent recruiting classes heading to Iowa City. Sit back and enjoy with the rest of us. It's alright to be upset about losing, but let's not lose perspective. I'm with Clinton on this one.

I'm not ready to start any fire Lisa Bluder threads but I don't believe she is coaching to her best abilities. Imo I feel like Lisa has got it in her head that a short bench means play way to conservative. Teams all around the country are playing very short handed and just suck it up and move on. I was appalled at the lack of urgency by this coaching staff. Down 10,20 and nothing different. Down 30 and still no signs of urgency. The Hawks were catching passes off their face, slipping through their hands, just plain tossing it out of bounds, couldn't make a lay up to save their soles and a big glaring deficiency of the lack of perimeter shooting. I've said it before and I'll say it again SPEED THE GAME UP!!!!!! A full court press or half court trap or even sideline trapping!!! Anything to get them out of their funk! Why wait till the last quarter when the game is already lost? It's a shame how this season has gone in the toilet after an excellent start to the season. If something doesn't change and change quick you're going to get Megan hurt and screw up her superb year! The offense is stale stale stale! Everybody knows the plays and are beating you to the spot! Anybody that plays defense we can't beat. Futher more the Hawks are dead last in the conference in steals!!!!!! Very rarely do we jump passing lanes. Teams keep knocking down 3 pointers against us and we can't even get one shot off! I've been discussing with others and it's coming down to coaches not players. Jan Jensen has produced post players year in year out. Jan has proven time and time again her worth. Jenni Fitzgerald is in charge of the perimeter players. Now her lies the crux of the problems for Iowa. Are perimeter play stinks! It was brought to my attention that they aren't being taught the fundamentals. If you watch you will see it. Poor passing, picking up the dribble, forcing things. It really does look like they are on a very short leash. If somebody needs to go or improvement needs to a priority look no futher than Jenni. Yes I'm calling you out because this team is being wasted and I'm very mad about that. I'm on HN every week hyping this team up! 8823 people were at the game only to watch the coaches do nothing! If a coach was needed her at Iowa I would suggest to head to sec county and get one. Arenas are full huge traveling fan bases and they play with attitudes!!!!!!! Lisa pick the pace up and get those coaches off their buts and do some coaching and quit worrying about a short bench. After all you could of maybe brought in a transfer to help you out. I've got confidence that the Hawks will improve and I'll be their to watch. Go Hawks!

Thank you Judzeehawk! Very well written. I'm sure you know more about WBB than I would ever hope to. I also agree no adjustments were made until way way waaaaaaay to late. The loss of the point guard hurts a lot but that job by the entire coaching staff was not good. I ignore everything Clinton post as he/she is over the top with all comments.

Thank you Judzeehawk! Very well written. I'm sure you know more about WBB than I would ever hope to. I also agree no adjustments were made until way way waaaaaaay to late. The loss of the point guard hurts a lot but that job by the entire coaching staff was not good. I ignore everything Clinton post as he/she is over the top with all comments.
The only thing @ClintonIAfan has ever been critical of is referees.

IIRC legendary coach Eddie Robinson was forced out at Gramling. Just because your in the hall of fame does not give you a free pass to a lifetime job. (except Kirk!:D)

Just to be clear, I never called for Lisa to be fired. I only wanted to get a feel for what the women bb fans felt. I already knew Clintons opinion!

Is there any coach at UI some of you nut jobs don't want to string up? Bluder and staff are doing a helluva job both on the floor and with recruiting.

I just don't understand what some (not all) of you expect. If isn't undefeated seasons and national titles, then heads must roll.

This thread has GOT to be some desperate individual who just wants to get attention. AKA troll.

WBB is a non-revenue sport. As long as she wins at a reasonable rate and doesn't cheat, she can stay as long as she wants.

Is there any coach at UI some of you nut jobs don't want to string up? Bluder and staff are doing a helluva job both on the floor and with recruiting.

I just don't understand what some (not all) of you expect. If isn't undefeated seasons and national titles, then heads must roll.

This thread has GOT to be some desperate individual who just wants to get attention. AKA troll.
Wrong again Bozo! With everything going on with sports at Iowa, I was just curious if it trickled down to Lisa yet.

Latest posts