Way Too Early 19-20 Rankings for Iowa

WindsorHawk

USA Today - 16
ESPN - 21

Others? USA Today’s ranking is with the assumption Cook is gone...so that was taken into account.

I am assuming a lot of these are with the mind that TC is back....my personal expectation is that is where Iowa should be next year either way.

I am assuming a lot of these are with the mind that TC is back....my personal expectation is that is where Iowa should be next year either way.
Agree. I’m sure a lot of these schools have guys considering the draft as well.

If Moss stays we return 4 guys who have averaged double figures in a full college season. That’s a pretty good place to start.

If Moss stays we return 4 guys who have averaged double figures in a full college season. That’s a pretty good place to start.

And typically given up double figures. Damn...I'm trying to stay positive. Actually Weiskamp is a pretty damn good defensive player. When he adds a little good weight, he's going to be a handful.

I like the way this team is shaping up. If you start Bohannon, Moss, Weiskamp, Kreiner, and Garza...you have 5 guys that can shoot the three in your starting line up. Pemsl and Kreiner can play defense...the new Nunge is going to be much better also...he was just too light at that size.

Honestly...I'm excited about a line up that has Bohannon, Weiskamp at the 2, Nunge, Kreiner, and Garza. That is some serious length...you are in a zone probably...but length and rebounding should be unsettling for the other team.

And typically given up double figures. Damn...I'm trying to stay positive. Actually Weiskamp is a pretty damn good defensive player. When he adds a little good weight, he's going to be a handful.

I like the way this team is shaping up. If you start Bohannon, Moss, Weiskamp, Kreiner, and Garza...you have 5 guys that can shoot the three in your starting line up. Pemsl and Kreiner can play defense...the new Nunge is going to be much better also...he was just too light at that size.

Honestly...I'm excited about a line up that has Bohannon, Weiskamp at the 2, Nunge, Kreiner, and Garza. That is some serious length...you are in a zone probably...but length and rebounding should be unsettling for the other team.
Please god no! No Nunge at the 3 and very limited if ever Kriener at the 4.

Did you watch the championship game last night? Big guys could all move their feet extremely well. The big guy Salt on Virginia who started all year barely got minutes because he can’t keep up with the footspeed of the game.

Nunge has the footspeed to play the 4, and we can probably get by with Pemsl for short stretches, but realistically Kriener and Pemsl are just undersized 5 men. It’s a guards game!

I know USA Today put Iowa at 16 assuming no Cook. Pasted below.

There's a strong possibility leading scorer Tyler Cook turns pro, but coach Fran McCaffery has enough coming back to contend for a Big Ten title. Forward Luka Garza will be back and sharpshooter Jordan Bohannon is among a group of elite guards returning.

If Moss stays and has a huge year next year, we could win the conference.

Don’t forget that CJ Fredrick has a year in the system. He’s supposed to be a pretty decent shooter and I hear he can drive to the basket. I also like Toussaint’s skill set. Not an elite shooter, but also can drive to the basket, decent passing skills, and can be a lockdown defender. If he can shutdown the opposing teams PG we are already better defensively. Would like to see us take another leap forward defensively as a team like we did this year, then we can probably contend for the B1G title if the ball bounces our way for once.

Don’t forget that CJ Fredrick has a year in the system. He’s supposed to be a pretty decent shooter and I hear he can drive to the basket. I also like Toussaint’s skill set. Not an elite shooter, but also can drive to the basket, decent passing skills, and can be a lockdown defender. If he can shutdown the opposing teams PG we are already better defensively. Would like to see us take another leap forward defensively as a team like we did this year, then we can probably contend for the B1G title if the ball bounces our way for once.

We are all assuming we'll be better and deeper at both guard positions, [me too], but we've yet to see CJ and Toussaint step on the court.

Latest posts