Was Ferentz asked about timing of 2 point Conversion?

ArvadaHawk

I saw a post game transcript of ferentz' presser that didn't include this question. but i don't know if that is the full transcript.

Does anyone know if kirk was asked by the iowa media?

Why in the hell would anyone worry about losing their press credentials? Big friggin loss. His pressers are absolutely worthless anyway.

Why in the hell would anyone worry about losing their press credentials? Big friggin loss. His pressers are absolutely worthless anyway.

Because that’s part of their job? If they aren’t allowed to talk to the players then reporters have less to report on and could become expendable?

They were down 15, so they needed a 2 point conversion at some point anyway.

I would have rather asked why the took the ball after winning the coin toss.

People seem to take the 2 point make after a second td for granted. They point out that missing the first one made it impossible to win but for some reason don't care that missing the second one would make it impossible to win too. They just wanted hope for a few more seconds of gametime I guess.

People seem to take the 2 point make after a second td for granted. They point out that missing the first one made it impossible to win but for some reason don't care that missing the second one would make it impossible to win too. They just wanted hope for a few more seconds of gametime I guess.

You dont have to go for 2 after the 2nd TD, that is the point, you have a choice for a 98% chance of making an extra point to get within 8 points because you have a choice. Dont go for 2 until you need to.

Should have gone for two after the 2nd quarter TD. Team had momentum and offense was moving.

Why, if you miss a low % 2 pt conversion you are up only 8 to 7. By going ahead 9-7 if you get the next TD then you are ahead 16-7 which is a 9 point lead. Cmon you have to try to think ahead. Try Being up two scores possibly is better. and dont chase the points.

besides as offensively challenged as our offense is I would think a 2 pt conversion would be a low % play.

I hated the play call for the 2 pt conversion , a fade route in that wind, especially when we rolled out several times in short goal line situations against OSU to get easy wide open TD passes.

They were down 15, so they needed a 2 point conversion at some point anyway.

I would have rather asked why the took the ball after winning the coin toss.

Yes, this is one of the bigger questions that may have changed the way the game played out.

And why the hell did KF give Purdue the wind when they were getting the ball at start of 3rd qtr?????

If Iowa defers the hawk offense is not going into the wind in the 1st qtr and the defense should be able to play tighter giving the offense better field position. Maybe the hawks are ahead 14-0 in the 1st qtr. Stupid decisioni

You dont have to go for 2 after the 2nd TD, that is the point, you have a choice for a 98% chance of making an extra point to get within 8 points because you have a choice. Dont go for 2 until you need to.

But it doesn't increase odds to take the 98% before the 47% shot. You have to chase 15 points no matter what. People keep saying there wasnt time for 2 possessions but there were.

If you kick the pat and miss the 2 points on the second td, you still need another onside kick. You need a 2 point conversion either way, and not sure kicking the pat first increases your odds of winning. The Hawks needed 15 to tie so not sure it matters which order you do it in.. People are making too much of this IMO.

Even if you can convince me that this does matter, there are bigger reasons why Iowa lost this game.