Vote is still out on this season

NorthKCHawk

Gents:

The reality is that we were playing above our heads the first part of this season with incredibly good fortune in TOs and a lack of injury. Dreams of the playoffs were fun for a while when we reached 2 in the country, but that wasn't likely even then. Going into the season, I think many of us viewed this season as a likely bridge year given the youth and inexperience on both sides of the lines and a QB who is not talented off schedule. We are likely to have overperformed our talent this season if we end well. And, assuming that we do not get ravaged by early NFL departures, which we may, this has the chance to be a very good team next year. Our offense will be better because our OL will be better. That will make our RB and QB better.

I know the offense sucks now. It isn't going to get markedly better, but the defenses we are about to face are much more forgiving. With 4 winnable games to go, this season still could swing wildly.

Wins:

0: Coaching changes must be made, at least BF
1: Disappointing. BF should be moved out, but won't.
2: What almost everyone was predicting at the beginning of the year--8-4. Good year. Not great.
3: I am satisfied. 9-3 and ranked in the Top 20 is pretty damn good for a year with modest expectations
4: Not very many of us predicted ten wins, possible division title, ranked as high as 2 and going to a major bowl. Get crazy excited for this season and start building expectations for next.

See you in 4 weeks!

Knowing what we know now, are we closer to a 10-2 team or a 6-6 team. I asked this before the Wisconsin game (11-1 or 6-6) and came up with a number of 6-6 predictions. I'm thinking 8-4, but cautiously optimistic we could still go 4-0.

Purdue is not a bad team and they have had our number of late. Brohm knows how to beat us. Wisconsin owns us.

With the exception of NW, who is truly bad this year, we have owned the remainder of our schedule.

I think 4-0 is much more likely than 0-4.

Latest posts