video games can't get it right either

Ha, #1 ranked Wisconsin isn't completely implausible, but playing an unranked Oklahoma St team for the national title? EA strikes again.

That's not even that hard to get right. On the other hand, EA has a long history of screwing up things that shouldn't be hard to get right.

NCAA 07 on the PS2/Xbox has always been my personal favorite. NCAA 14 on the 360/PS3 is also pretty good I hear, but I never put the time in with that one like I did with 06/07 on the Xbox. I played season after season after season after season....I even kept track of my recruit rankings in a dorky little notebook of shame. I liked recruiting high potential/high discipline players and turning them into stars.

I love NCAA14 on my PS3 and cannot wit for the new college game coming out in a couple years.

We visited Columbia college in Columbia, MO, they have a building dedicated to E-sports.

Our HS talked about starting an E-sports program, making it a varsity sport.

It is the present and the future.

Notre Dame just said they won’t allow EA to put them in the new game. I suspect other colleges will follow and this will never happen.

Notre Dame just said they won’t allow EA to put them in the new game. I suspect other colleges will follow and this will never happen.
I don't know, Notre Dame has always been weird and has always negotiated their licensing separately going back to the days of Bill Walsh College Football on the Genesis.

Ultimately, even if ND doesn't play ball (though I suspect they will), just add them as a generic team and make sure there is a edit team feature with enough options to make them as ND-like as possible.

I don't know, Notre Dame has always been weird and has always negotiated their licensing separately going back to the days of Bill Walsh College Football on the Genesis.

Ultimately, even if ND doesn't play ball (though I suspect they will), just add them as a generic team and make sure there is a edit team feature with enough options to make them as ND-like as possible.

ND opting out when every other team is in might be borderline wet dream territory. You're telling me every other player in the NCAA is going to NIL money from EA Sports and ND is just going to expect their players to pass on it? Oh baby!

College football sports games peaked with Bill Walsh '95 on the Sega Genesis. After that they got too damn complicated. Also, get off my lawn!

Lots of time spent with that game in college. Loved playing as Colorado with Kordell Stewart and Rashaan Salaam. Just run the option all day long with those two and it was like a cheat code.

College football sports games peaked with Bill Walsh '95 on the Sega Genesis. After that they got too damn complicated. Also, get off my lawn!

Lots of time spent with that game in college. Loved playing as Colorado with Kordell Stewart and Rashaan Salaam. Just run the option all day long with those two and it was like a cheat code.

Wrong. They peaked the following year with College Football USA '96. Ray Lewis was unreal in that game. Um, excuse me, LB 52 from Miami was unreal in that game.

I wonder for those 12 schools not in the agreement if it hurts them in recruiting in the future. I get that a ton of those schools are huge names like ND and probably will still get their top choices in terms of recruits, but in today's world I wonder how many recruits would factor in having their name or likeness on a video name.

I remember growing up addicted to NCAA Football and even the March Madness game and think back to being that age and how I couldn't think of anything cooler then playing as myself in a video game. Probably not a big impact, but who knows what goes through the mind of a kid prior to signing.

I wonder for those 12 schools not in the agreement if it hurts them in recruiting in the future. I get that a ton of those schools are huge names like ND and probably will still get their top choices in terms of recruits, but in today's world I wonder how many recruits would factor in having their name or likeness on a video name.

I remember growing up addicted to NCAA Football and even the March Madness game and think back to being that age and how I couldn't think of anything cooler then playing as myself in a video game. Probably not a big impact, but who knows what goes through the mind of a kid prior to signing.

This is all just hemming and hawing by some pencil necked compliance geek while they wait on the compensation model to get resolved. These teams will all be "in the game." These schools charge people several dollars per unit to slap their logos on t-shirts made in the most inhumane conditions imaginable in Sri Lanka. They ain't skipping this gravy train.

It doesnt matter. When the Faylor Polar Bears are modded by some dude, Baylor just loses the money. Like the previous post stated, these teams are not going to miss out on the gravy train.