Uthoff definitely showing true commitment

austinhawk

Give it to Jarod for making a commitment to Iowa. He made the decision to go to Iowa. It was THE most difficult path he could have chosen. To not speak with coaches, pay his way into the program. Could you imagine how much anxiety he has?? He officially isn't even on the team. A lesser of a young man would have wanted security. Would have wanted a guarentee. The only guarantee now is that he will stay at Iowa for the rest of his collegiate years. I don't see him transferring again. He will be working extra hard to prove himself.

It will get better once classes begins and he can start going to practices. Everything is weird right now since he cannot have any contact with the coaches yet and the other players have to be careful on what they say.

Give it to Jarod for making a commitment to Iowa. He made the decision to go to Iowa. It was THE most difficult path he could have chosen. To not speak with coaches, pay his way into the program. Could you imagine how much anxiety he has?? He officially isn't even on the team. A lesser of a young man would have wanted security. Would have wanted a guarentee. The only guarantee now is that he will stay at Iowa for the rest of his collegiate years. I don't see him transferring again. He will be working extra hard to prove himself.

Exactly it is certainly not the easiest road for him to have taken. I hope the anxiety is canceled out by being home and close to family and friends. That should help a ton right there for now. He knew alot of the team already so even that isn't completly blind. The PTL lets em get on the court together alittle so it's not the worst thing ever.

It will get better once classes begins and he can start going to practices. Everything is weird right now since he cannot have any contact with the coaches yet and the other players have to be careful on what they say.

no need to be careful , just communicate in morse code with middle index finger
-----__-_---_-----____-_-___-----_____________________________:D

I know what you are saying Austin and agree this wasn't the easiest path for Jared. However, I doubt he enrolled at Iowa without knowledge of a scholarship forthcoming.

I'm guessing everyone is making a bigger deal out of this than he is. I'm sure he's fine, no need to be so Pwoud of him.

Coulda chosen Iowa from the get go woulda been easier... better late than never but I'm sure he's gonna be fine.

I don't know if I'd talk about commitment and Uthoff in the same sentence. I hope he does well for the Hawks, but he made a commitment to Wisconsin then he broke it- don't turn it into a virtue.

"A lesser of a young man would have wanted security"

lulz.

I don't know if I'd talk about commitment and Uthoff in the same sentence. I hope he does well for the Hawks, but he made a commitment to Wisconsin then he broke it- don't turn it into a virtue.

"A lesser of a young man would have wanted security"

lulz.
I guess Hawkstrat and I think alike. I wish him well because he is now a Hawkeye. There is no guarantee he is at Iowa for the rest of his career, though. See the path that Wegher took from Sioux City Heelan to Iowa City to Oklahoma to, was it UNI, or was it back home to Sioux City?

I realize it is a different set of circumstances. I'm just saying. I would be careful of making a kid out to be a great and upstanding citizen or a stable student-athlete just because he is from Iowa and the Midwest. Wegher/Coogill/Larson disprove that theory of being solid and stable based upon where they grew up. There weren't any warning signs from two out three of them, but none really worked out well where they went.

Last edited:

What about the Army?

True commitment?!?!

The dude broke his commitment. The how's and they why's can be debated until the cows come home but it seems like an odd choice of words for a transfer.

As others have stated, I doubt he came to Iowa without any assurances.

True commitment?!?!

The dude broke his commitment. The how's and they why's can be debated until the cows come home but it seems like an odd choice of words for a transfer.

As others have stated, I doubt he came to Iowa without any assurances.

HA HA HA HA

True Commitment? Really? Let's see. Isn't this the kid who wanted out of his COMMITMENT from a certain school in Wisconsin? But, you're right. I'm thinking we should erect a statue of the kid. Wow.

If you want to talk commitment, talk Matt Gatens. He stuck it through at Iowa through some really rough years and never wavered in his dedication to the program. Uthoff said screw you I'm going to Wisconson then realized Fran knows what he's doing here, and left his "commitment". He didn't care to be with us in the first place, so how committed can he really be?

Latest posts