Urban Meyer

shaver363

Does anyone else think that he will not be as successful as everyone else does? Look at it this way. The fans there are accustomed to winning a B1G Ten title and beating Michigan every year. In order to be considered more successful than Tressel he is going to have to win 7 B1G Ten Titles in a row, never lose to Michigan again and win at least 2 National Titles. Do you think that Meyer can do this without Tim Tebow and without the benefit of cheating. To me these are awfully high expectations and I really question if they will be happy with him. If Iowa fans freak out about a 7 -5 season what will Buckeye fans be like if there are back to back 8-4 or 9 -3 seasons...

Does anyone else think that he will not be as successful as everyone else does? Look at it this way. The fans there are accustomed to winning a B1G Ten title and beating Michigan every year. In order to be considered more successful than Tressel he is going to have to win 7 B1G Ten Titles in a row, never lose to Michigan again and win at least 2 National Titles. Do you think that Meyer can do this without Tim Tebow and without the benefit of cheating. To me these are awfully high expectations and I really question if they will be happy with him. If Iowa fans freak out about a 7 -5 season what will Buckeye fans be like if there are back to back 8-4 or 9 -3 seasons...

Maybe i'm just that naive, but Meyer never got caught cheating did he?

I don't think he will have to be better than Tressel. Not sure why one would think they expect that. Buckeye fans with knowledge of history will be happy to beat Michigan half the time. At this point I think they will be pleased just to get back to Cooper-esque days.

Oh sure - just like Iowa fans are happy with Ferentz even though they remember the 60's and 70's...

Just like they were OK with John Cooper's 111 - 43 record and 70-30 conference record. Even if he does the same thing as Cheaty McSweater he will be considered a failure.

He'll be judged on national titles, since he has won two and Tressel won one.

Even if you put national title-quality teams on the field, you need a lot of luck to actually win it. Its most likely he never wins one and is considered a failure by Buckeye fans.

Latest posts