Uhh...Sumptin's Going On Up In L'Ames

Northside Hawk

These are not Steve Prohm's oh-for-the-conference Dust Devils. TJ has them balling. After knocking off #25 Xavier on Wednesday they scored a convincing 20 point win over #9 Memphis last night. Ex Gopher Gabe Kalescheur had a huge night.

Making these wins even more impressive is there was no Hilton Magic involved. They were on neutral courts.

I know November rankings in basketball mean no more than early rankings do in football. If anything they mean even less. But me thinks December 9th in Ames is going to be a barnburner. Before he leaves his other sneaker at half court JBo and everyone else had first better be ready to lace them up tight. Fortunately we always seemed to have Kalescheur's number when he was at Minnesota and I don't see him going off for no thirty on us.

Let’s not get too excited about ISU just yet. The game last night was really bad basketball by both teams for much of the first half. Almost unwatchable. ISU does seem like they have some length.

They play Virginia, Purdue and Illinois before Iowa St. so we will have a good feel where this team is at by next week.
What sucks is we could play out of our mind at Purdue and still lose, then be flat for a couple games.

These are not Steve Prohm's oh-for-the-conference Dust Devils. TJ has them balling. After knocking off #25 Xavier on Wednesday they scored a convincing 20 point win over #9 Memphis last night. Ex Gopher Gabe Kalescheur had a huge night.

Making these wins even more impressive is there was no Hilton Magic involved. They were on neutral courts.

I know November rankings in basketball mean no more than early rankings do in football. If anything they mean even less. But me thinks December 9th in Ames is going to be a barnburner. Before he leaves his other sneaker at half court JBo and everyone else had first better be ready to lace them up tight. Fortunately we always seemed to have Kalescheur's number when he was at Minnesota and I don't see him going off for no thirty on us.

Gotta admit

Clones look a bit rejuvenated

Playing good ball

What sucks is we could play out of our mind at Purdue and still lose, then be flat for a couple games.
You are just hoping for a split in the next 4. Just spitballing here, they beat Virginia and Illinois and lose to Purdue and ISU.

Right now, Virginia is the weakest of the 4 and you get Illinois at home after likely getting your ass handed to you at Purdue. Logic being, Fran will have them foaming at the mouth after getting dismantled by Purdue in a home game against Illinois.

Remember when Iowa State had a once in a lifetime coach, a guy who played for them and is probably the most popular person in all of Ames? He was bringing in so much talent via transfer ISU was a legit NC contender but it turns out he was trying to leave the entire time and took the first mid level NBA job he could find. AND THEN he gets shit canned and goes to coach at the basketball Mecca which is Nebraska, a former rival to the clowns?

I remember.

Also, remember when the greatest college wrestler since Dan Gable went to ISU and never lost a match in 4 years and became their coach, only to leave for Pedo State and win 8 nattys. (After Dan Gable himself went to ISU then went to Iowa to coach and won 15 Nattys)

Nothing good will ever stay in Ames because Ames is shit.

Certainly a nice couple of surprising outcomes especially in the sense they weren't flukey...ISU flat out played better than both Xavier and Memphis. Now I think both those teams are overrated and ISU is probably closer to a 500 team but who knows...defense and toughness can carry you.

Ranked #19 in new poll. I guess like Iowa in football that week's poll is the level you are playing at the time.

Certainly a nice couple of surprising outcomes especially in the sense they weren't flukey...ISU flat out played better than both Xavier and Memphis. Now I think both those teams are overrated and ISU is probably closer to a 500 team but who knows...defense and toughness can carry you.
The defense is ridiculous, especially for guys that haven't played together. Rotations are really good. They're fun to watch. I won't cheer for them, but they're fun to watch.

The defense is ridiculous, especially for guys that haven't played together. Rotations are really good. They're fun to watch. I won't cheer for them, but they're fun to watch.
OT, but did you see we get 5 extra hitting days this winter?

Our numbers suck and I’ll be lucky to get 2-3 JV/V guys to show up any way, lol.

OT, but did you see we get 5 extra hitting days this winter?

Our numbers suck and I’ll be lucky to get 2-3 JV/V guys to show up any way, lol.
Yes! Love it. Had a good showing last spring, which magically led to several more wins. Will hopefully have a good turnout again. The previous couple of years, I had some days I wouldn't get any in. 15 days is great, especially since I usually lose count. Honestly, though, my brother coaches at a school that hits year round to keep up with the schools that they play that also hit year round. I even see some coaches tweeting about their hitting sessions and openly admit it, so I'm not going to get too worked up if I "miscount".

Yes! Love it. Had a good showing last spring, which magically led to several more wins. Will hopefully have a good turnout again. The previous couple of years, I had some days I wouldn't get any in. 15 days is great, especially since I usually lose count. Honestly, though, my brother coaches at a school that hits year round to keep up with the schools that they play that also hit year round. I even see some coaches tweeting about their hitting sessions and openly admit it, so I'm not going to get too worked up if I "miscount".
Yeah a certain school up here gets around it be “suggesting” that kids go to Sioux Falls for winter ball “if they want to.” Haha

Yeah to be honest it's just so refreshing to see constant moving on offense. You move enough and you'll usually get a look. Prohm would have 4 guys standing around the arc and have Bolton just try to create something. For a hack like me to recognize that its not working says something about his coaching. I don't think TJ is doing anything crazy next level....just playing tough basketball. Still don't think they'll beat Iowa but with it being in Hilton its a little better chance.