Tyler Harris Question

TWR96

I was wondering if Sidney Lowe gets fired at NC State, is there any way that Tyler Harris Decommits? I thought we came in 2nd behind NC State.

There is always a possibility that he could ask out of his LOI if Lowe is fired. I'm sure if that happens Fran would be in touch with Tyler's people.

When asked about the coaching change, Harris responded, "no comment." This comes from twitter. FWIW, I am not sure we would offer him. I remember hearing that we backed off of him after we picked up White because we felt like they were the same player.

Not unless they let him out of his LOI. I'm doubting it.

If a school doesn't allow a kid out of an LOI, I feel it is wrong. Virginia Tech and Depaul didn't let kids out and they ended up not going to school at all, the last update I saw, maybe both finally ended up somewhere, I hope so.

This is why 1 and dones are bad for college bball. NC State had Hicks, who was a player you could build around, great athlete, after 1 year he heads to the NBA. He is needed at the NC state's of the world for a few years to help build the program and really set it up for success.

This is why 1 and dones are bad for college bball. NC State had Hicks, who was a player you could build around, great athlete, after 1 year he heads to the NBA. He is needed at the NC state's of the world for a few years to help build the program and really set it up for success.

So if a kid's family is incredibly poor and has little brothers and sisters, becomes an NBA lottery pick after freshman year, YOU can decide if he can go make millions? Sorry, but a school's basketball program losing a few extra games compared to that kid creating a better life for is a price the school can pay.

So if a kid's family is incredibly poor and has little brothers and sisters, becomes an NBA lottery pick after freshman year, YOU can decide if he can go make millions? Sorry, but a school's basketball program losing a few extra games compared to that kid creating a better life for is a price the school can pay.

Then he should be able to go out of high school. The NBA needs to do what MLB does: come out of high school or go to a JUCO (and be eligible after your freshman year), or go to college for 3 years.

There are so many cases where a kid could be screwed with that scenario. How about when a kid wants to play for coach K or else he would go pro, K retires and the kid is screwed. There shouldn't be any regulations on when someone can go to the NBA. It isn't like football where a young kid can get killed, it's bball. Durant couldn't even throw up 185 when he left Texas...

Do you really think this kid would remotely consider Iowa. I am just asking. He is obviously a talent and maybe he would stay for two years and be the spark that puts us back on the map.

Regarding White & Harris playing the same positions, Fran has said several times on Hawk Talk that he is recruiting the best available players not necessarily by position.

I would like to have another shot at Tyler and also pick up a 1 - 2 or 3 that can score off the bounce.

Latest posts