Top 10

WindsorHawk

Seven of the Top 10 have lost this week. Pick your poll. Iowa or OSU will lose for the 2nd time this week...all losses being against a Top 10 team.

Edit - Iowa & OSU losses are to Top 10.

Last edited:
Translation.... the tournament is going to be pretty wide open. No reason why Iowa can't win 2,3,4 in a row.

Gonzaga is the only team that looks like a clear favorite. Even Baylor hasn't looked good lately. Yes I know they were on pause for a few weeks but no reason they should almost lose at home to ISU and then get blown out by Kansas.

Gonzaga is the only team that looks like a clear favorite. Even Baylor hasn't looked good lately. Yes I know they were on pause for a few weeks but no reason they should almost lose at home to ISU and then get blown out by Kansas.
Could the Zags draw a team like West V or Texas Tech or even Virginia that gets in your face defensively like a pack of pit bulls and cause that fatal 8-25 three point shooting night?

Gonna be a wide open NCAA tournament. Grab your popcorn.

Zags don’t look as good either...trailing at halftime, close at the half, etc.

Looking at the rankings, that last 1 seed is still up for grabs. West Virginia is the only team ranked behind us that even has a chance to pass us if we win out. Ohio State and Oklahoma can't finish ahead of us if we win out now. That leaves Illinois, Alabama, and Villanova fighting with us. Villanova had a terrible loss so I'm almost sure they will be behind us and stay behind us. Alabama had a little more distance between us but they lost too. We might need them to lose one more time. They play Auburn and Georgia.

That leaves Illinois. They have the exact same week we just had. Michigan and Ohio State. If they lose them both, we tie them in the conference standings. They have the head to head but it was a close game at their place and they have one more non conference loss than we do. We also would line up with them on Saturday of the Big 10 tournament. If it all plays out like that, that game will probably decide the 1 seed. Crazy.

One more thing. Being the best 2 seed will be way worse than being the worst 1 seed if they are going to try to avoid putting Big 10 teams in the same bracket. The best 2 seed puts us against Baylor or Gonzaga. Where as the worst 1 seed avoids Illinois and puts us against a team like Alabama. Huge huge difference there.

Last edited:
Looking at the rankings, that last 1 seed is still up for grabs. West Virginia is the only team ranked behind us that even has a chance to pass us if we win out. Ohio State and Oklahoma can't finish ahead of us if we win out now. That leaves Illinois, Alabama, and Villanova fighting with us. Villanova had a terrible loss so I'm almost sure they will be behind us and stay behind us. Alabama had a little more distance between us but they lost too. We might need them to lose one more time. They play Auburn and Georgia.

That leaves Illinois. They have the exact same week we just had. Michigan and Ohio State. If they lose them both, we tie them in the conference standings. They have the head to head but it was a close game at their place and they have one more non conference loss than we do. We also would line up with them on Saturday of the Big 10 tournament. If it all plays out like that, that game will probably decide the 1 seed. Crazy.

One more thing. Being the best 2 seed will be way worse than being the worst 1 seed of they are going to try to avoid putting Big 10 teams I'm the same bracket. The best 2 seed puts us against Baer or Gonzaga. Where as the worst 1 seed avoids Illinois and puts us against a team like Alabama. Hige huge difference there.
Nice analysis.

Could the Zags draw a team like West V or Texas Tech or even Virginia that gets in your face defensively like a pack of pit bulls and cause that fatal 8-25 three point shooting night?

Gonna be a wide open NCAA tournament. Grab your popcorn.
Done! My house would smell like the popcorn after March Madness is long done! I have to watch how much butter I put in my popcorn!

Gonzaga has an easier time of staying undefeated. They have one team in their conference that has a pulse: BYU who has a #20 NET ranking. There are only 2 other teams (#67 St. Mary's and #98 Loyla Marymount) of the 10 teams in their conference in the top 100 in NET rankings. Contrast that to the Big 10 that has 13 of its 14 teams in the top 100 NET (6 in the top 25), or the Big 12 that has 7 of its 10 teams in the top 100 NET (4 in the top 25).

Gonzaga has an easier time of staying undefeated. They have one team in their conference that has a pulse: BYU who has a #20 NET ranking. There are only 2 other teams (#67 St. Mary's and #98 Loyla Marymount) of the 10 teams in their conference in the top 100 in NET rankings. Contrast that to the Big 10 that has 13 of its 14 teams in the top 100 NET (6 in the top 25), or the Big 12 that has 7 of its 10 teams in the top 100 NET (4 in the top 25).
Good post. Plus they stay fresh and can limit injuries with their schedule.

I felt after the Gonzaga game that they were beatable, if Iowa had shot the 3 ball and free throws better in that game it would have been interesting. The Zags are rolling through a weak conference and I wonder how that will impact them come tournament time?

The Zags better hope they don’t draw a Big 10 team with 1 day to prep.
If Iowa draws the #2 seed in the NCAA Tourney bracket, hopefully, we get a rematch with z$aggy tits bomber in Final 8. I felt Z$aggy tit bombers plays like an old lady with menopause female problems.
1614720095527.png

If Iowa draws the #2 seed in the NCAA Tourney bracket, hopefully, we get a rematch with z$aggy tits bomber in Final 8. I felt Z$aggy tit bombers plays like an old lady with menopause female problems.
View attachment 7587
I'd like our chances in a rematch against Ivan Gonzago, don't think we could play as badly as we did the first game.

Latest posts