Tom Poholsky, 54, Passes Away

What a bummer. Evergreen is local to me, I had no idea he was there. Amazing to see how many ex-Fry (and now ex-Ferentz) players have gone on to be involved in coaching in some capacity. It might sound corny, but playing for a leader like a Fry or a Ferentz can be a life changing experience for these young men. It's cool to see them go off and try to do the same for others.

Looking at that GoFundMe and the dollar goal leads me to think he didn't have life insurance (or only very little). That really sucks. If you have kids, if at all possible, you've *got* to get a policy. Many employers offer a small policy, but nowhere near enough to replace years of income, health insurance, savings, etc.

Hopefully they hit their number and help the family out but, if you're reading this and have dependent kids (and/or spouse) but no life insurance, I encourage you to look into it ASAP. You can get a pretty massive term policy for not much money to at least get you covered till your kids are 18-23 or whatever.

And, no, I'm not in insurance sales lol

Latest posts