Tom Herman

Yea I'm not buying that Herman was the source. For starters McMurphy came out and said that he wasn't. Secondly, the reasoning for Herman supposedly being the source is laughable and ridiculous. He lost a recruiting battle and because of that decided to spill the beans? Give me a break. Coaches lose recruiting battles all of the time. It's just a part of the job.

I follow Texas and Big 12 football pretty close and this is like the third dimension of fan delusion from the Buckeye faithful, like stuff that comes after the fans had a march to support their head coach. The Snook guy is a mouthpiece for the OSU Athletic Department, and after they tried shooting the messenger they are going after the supposed "source" for the messenger. They are also attacking Herman and his wife for giving their friend, who was a victim of domestic abuse, money to hire a lawyer.

Yea I'm not buying that Herman was the source. For starters McMurphy came out and said that he wasn't. Secondly, the reasoning for Herman supposedly being the source is laughable and ridiculous. He lost a recruiting battle and because of that decided to spill the beans? Give me a break. Coaches lose recruiting battles all of the time. It's just a part of the job.

Yup, hard to see a legitimate angle here. If Herman knew of Courtney's abuse and used it as a tool to try to hurt OSU then that would make him a cold calculated mastermind.

The Herman family paid for Courtney Smith’s legal fees, which I guess Herman confirmed, so maybe it was leaked via the law firm. It seems pretty strange that the police were involved repeatedly and the press never found out.

The Herman family paid for Courtney Smith’s legal fees, which I guess Herman confirmed, so maybe it was leaked via the law firm. It seems pretty strange that the police were involved repeatedly and the press never found out.

Not so strange for Columbus, particularly now that Herman has money and connections back there.

Its what fan bases have become in college football. They blame the victim, the messenger, the person who tipped of the messenger that they can't identify, then the person who gave some money for legal fees for the victim. Its as if they don't really care about the victim in the first place.

Next thing they'll be checking his wifes phone... I can see OSUs paranoia with throwing that rumor out there. But dude what'd be the point if so? Doesn't make what went on and Urbans involvement any less bad... If anything I'd say ok well it's too bad he didn't whistle blow on this years ago but for just the action of whistleblowing itself? That's not a terrible thing in this case. That said denials are being thrown all around and it may not be true anyway.