Tie breaker?

So, the double bye is still a bit in doubt. Let me know if I'm thinking about this correctly.

Go 2-0 and lock up #3 seed.
Go 1-1 and either a Purdue or OSU loss gets the Hawks the #4 seed
Go 1-1 and both Purdue and OSU win and Hawks get stuck with #5 seed?
Go 0-2... I can't even think about this.

Last edited:
So, the double bye is still a bit in doubt. Let me know if I'm thinking about this correctly.

Pretty sure 0-2 is still the 5 but not 100% everything else is right.

Correct. And we don’t deserve a double bye if we lose either of these games IMO.

Sounds right. Saw stats that we are about 90% to lock up a 3 or 4 seed.

Indiana could do us a huge favor.

But let's just put it in our own hands and beat Bucky. I don't want a repeat of 1981 or 1982 when we lost the last game of the regular season, a chance at a shared or outright conference title, and NCAA seeding (we lost our last THREE conference games in 1982 culminating with the legendary Jim Bain game)

The goal is to be a 3 or 4 seed, right? Then what would be in the best interest of Hawkeye fans?

Indiana somehow beats Purdue and Illinois beats Ohio State. A Purdue loss would insure a 4th place seating. The same is true for Ohio State, a loss defaults Iowa into a 4 seed regardless of the result of the Wisconsin game on Sunday. By 5:15pm Saturday Iowa will know what it has to do to be in the top 4.

If Purdue and Ohio State both win then Iowa must win on Sunday against Wisconsin to get the double bye. Essentially Iowa gets the 3 seed with a win over Wisconsin or the 5th seed with a loss in the case where Purdue and Ohio State both win Saturday.

Illinois leading Ohio State 36-26 with 4 minutes left in the first half

One thing for certain

You cannot stop COCKburn

Even with three Ramses condoms

Ramses Vintage Condom Tin 1929 Sturdy Metal Wallet, ID, Credit Card Holder  or Cigarette Case USA Made: Amazon.ca: Office Products

I want at least a 2 seed. I want momentum. I want a 14-6 record and solo 3rd in this brutal conference. I’m glad Purdue and OSU won. We’ll handle our own business.

I want at least a 2 seed. I want momentum. I want a 14-6 record and solo 3rd in this brutal conference. I’m glad Purdue and OSU won. We’ll handle our own business.
Have to. Lose to Wisconsin and lose Friday, possibly to Wisconsin again, and they are likely to drop us to a five or six seed. Still plenty at stake here.

I must have gotten drunker than I though last night because I thought Illinois won.

Have to. Lose to Wisconsin and lose Friday, possibly to Wisconsin again, and they are likely to drop us to a five or six seed. Still plenty at stake here.
I think Wisconsin is locked into the 6 seed so if we lose to them we won't play them Friday.

Latest posts