This team vs 2015

ibahawkeye

This might be an overreaction of the dominating performance today but I think this team is better than the 2015 squad.

The record might not reflect it but we benefited from a fumble in 2015 and Wiscy took advantage of our mistakes this year so the records might not reflect it at the end of the year. The win over ISU this year is a higher quality win as well.

The other thing is it’s been a while since we’ve had our best 5 OL healthy and having a good stretch playing together. I also trust the offense more under Brian than I ever did GD.

We have played one ranked team and lost. We will find out how good we are next week. Stanley can’t play like he did today that’s for sure. I think the two teams are very close with the edge to CJ.

I think this team is clearly better. We are rolling over our opponents instead of just getting by. Our offense and defense are better as well.
Agreed. That team won a game or two they shouldn’t have , this team lost one it shouldn’t have. I think Iowa would beat Wisconsin 8/10 times, just had killer mistakes. Iowa would be top 5 next week if they hold on there.

And let’s be real here, Beathard is great, but there is no way you want Greg Davis calling plays over BF.

Last edited:
We have played one ranked team and lost. We will find out how good we are next week. Stanley can’t play like he did today that’s for sure. I think the two teams are very close with the edge to CJ.

Did we beat any ranked teams in 2015?

225zfm.jpg

I don’t think I’ll judge much on a QBs play today in 40 mph winds. He missed one bad throw to a wide open Easley. Other than that what did Stanley do today that was so bad?

This might be an overreaction of the dominating performance today but I think this team is better than the 2015 squad.

The record might not reflect it but we benefited from a fumble in 2015 and Wiscy took advantage of our mistakes this year so the records might not reflect it at the end of the year. The win over ISU this year is a higher quality win as well.

The other thing is it’s been a while since we’ve had our best 5 OL healthy and having a good stretch playing together. I also trust the offense more under Brian than I ever did GD.
I agreed with you except HN is not working for last few weeks. I wish BF would kick HN’s ass through Navy Seals Hell Week.o_Oo_O:D

I don’t think I’ll judge much on a QBs play today in 40 mph winds. He missed one bad throw to a wide open Easley. Other than that what did Stanley do today that was so bad?
He missed Hockenson wide open in the end zone, threw several easy short passes into the ground short of the receivers and had three passes into double or triple coverage all of that on 11 completions. Maybe the wind was just in his head but not his best performance. It didn’t matter though so you just flush it and move on. The challenge next week will be Penn State’s pressure from the front 4 so we will need Indiana Stanley.

We've played 7 games already. If it's not obvious how good we are now, it wont be after 8 games. All one game should ever do is slightly sway an opinion one way or the other.

We've played 7 games already. If it's not obvious how good we are now, it wont be after 8 games. All one game should ever do is slightly sway an opinion one way or the other.
We are good, especially the D, but Iowa needs to beat Penn St. to prove that they are for real.

Latest posts