This Team Answered the Critics

the magic number on this folks is 57 not 89 or 92 forgot to mention that was O State score today I think I saw Rod Serling today calling out defensive calls for Iowa today. "Imagine this in a world when Iowa basketball can actually play man to man defense successfully" More impressive I did not see any Martian characters although some of those card board cut outs brought back a bad childhood.

the magic number on this folks is 57 not 89 or 92 forgot to mention that was O State score today I think I saw Rod Serling today calling out defensive calls for Iowa today. "Imagine this in a world when Iowa basketball can actually play man to man defense successfully" More impressive I did not see any Martian characters although some of those card board cut outs brought back a bad childhood.

Is ISU the only power 6 school not to win a conference game this year?

These next 2 games are so important now. Win them both and it helps our Big 10 tournament seeding so much, which in turn would help our NCAA tournament seeding. There is a huge drop off between the top 5 and everyone else. We don't want to play a top 5 team on Friday. If we get the 6 seed on Friday we have such a better chance at making it to the weekend finally. And we would also get the rematch with Illinois.

Big10 road review for Hawks: If someone had said 2.5 months ago, you could go 6-4 on road with wins at OSU, MSU, Wis, Rut, MLand, NW and lose at buzzer at Ind, 1 possession at Ill, OT crazy at Min and at Conf champ..... think anyone in reality would have said yes to that.

Fran said OSU had 0 Off Reb 2nd half - doing work!!

Big10 road review for Hawks: If someone had said 2.5 months ago, you could go 6-4 on road with wins at OSU, MSU, Wis, Rut, MLand, NW and lose at buzzer at Ind, 1 possession at Ill, OT crazy at Min and at Conf champ..... think anyone in reality would have said yes to that.

And thats when they happened to get a shot off. They had at least two shot clock violations and numerous live ball turnovers.

THAT'S doing work!

No doubt; had em losing by 2-digits. Very impressive W, especially when OSuck cut it close a few times. Very impressive rotations and use of players - not usually Frans forte. Praises that they actually answered the door when opportunity knocked- not always easy.
I still see them as no better than sweet 16, but feeling better we will see them there, than in Iowa City after 2nd round.

Good grief! Great summary.

The hawks really played top notch today. Excellent switching and footwork on defense with only a few breakdowns defensively on the arc. Active hands deflecting balls.

Good offensive movement and when OSU started the second half hot the hawks didnt say oh shit not again but instead dug in and just won it one possession at a time on both ends.

These next 2 games are so important now. Win them both and it helps our Big 10 tournament seeding so much, which in turn would help our NCAA tournament seeding. There is a huge drop off between the top 5 and everyone else. We don't want to play a top 5 team on Friday. If we get the 6 seed on Friday we have such a better chance at making it to the weekend finally. And we would also get the rematch with Illinois.
Win the next 2 and we’re most likely a 2 seed in NCAA. Even with a BTT Friday loss we are virtually guaranteed no worse than a 3. I just want be in the 2/3 lane...don’t care which.

Great win after an ugly loss. I want to be a 2 or 3 and avoid that 4 seed.
I’m assuming you’re talking about the BTT, they have no path to the 2 seed but are now in great position for the 3. You are right, getting on the other side of the bracket away from Michigan is ideal. Right now Ohio State is projected as the 5 seed with Purdue at 4.

After losing 4 of 5, they have won 5 of 6. A 6-3 record in February. I think it is fair to say that Iowa most certainly had a slump, but not a fade in February. They get a signature win on the road at Ohio St.

Outside of not winning the regular season (which would have proven to be quite tough considering Michigan has only dropped 1 game) they are getting it done at the moment.

They should win the next 2 games and have 20 wins before tournament play.

A 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tournament looks solid. If they go 2-0 and win the Big Ten Tournament they may very well get the worse 1 seed slot.

They should be set up well.

Their legacy will be measured on far they can make a run in the NCAAs and do something tangible with it.

Last edited:
Sooooo if Iowa losses it's first game in the BTT does Fran get fired????
Hopefully.

I saw on Bleacher Report there’s this JUCO coach down in Florida who’s produced the Upper Tallahassee Region District 2A Conference defensive player of the year for two years in a row now.

Word is on the street that Mike Riley said he’s a PG whisperer and he has all of Dennis Rodman’s “Winning Defense” DVD’s.

Win the next 2 and we’re most likely a 2 seed in NCAA. Even with a BTT Friday loss we are virtually guaranteed no worse than a 3. I just want be in the 2/3 lane...don’t care which.
We really need Illinois to go 0-2 this week. If they win a game, there's no chance at the 1 seed even if we win the tournament. If they lose them both, whoever goes farther in the tournament between the 2 will more than likely get the last 1.

I like that their tougher game is first and our easier game is first. It makes it more likely we go into the weekend with hope for the 1.

Latest posts