Thibs Fired

djl - one has to assume they were trying to 'tie up loose ends' before firing the guy - i think the timberwolves part was put into place as a negotiation ploy by the hoiburger camp.

i would expect the silence to now be broken.

Yeah I'd say this is pretty telling....

"In early April, Hoiberg let it be known to five-star recruit Cheick Diallo that his immediate future at ISU was not a certainty, multiple sources with knowledge of the situation told the Ames Tribune.
While Hoiberg did not definitively say he planned to move on to the NBA, sources said, he also communicated that he couldn’t fully commit he would be returning to ISU to coach Diallo and what figures to be a preseason top-10 Cyclones team in 2015-16."

Sounds like Fred was telling recruits he wasn't sure he would be back next year this spring. He was probably too busy watching NBA games to game plan for UAB too.

ISU should feel used.

that was his whole plan.

this is why he took 'misfits' to win quick.

this is why he didn't try to 'build' a program by recruiting high school students.........

Clowns going nuclear in 3.....2......1.....

Naaah, FH's silence after the Bulls got bounced from the playoffs told Cyclones fans everything they needed to know. i just think it is comical FH could get a NBA gig anytime he wanted, but yet he couldn't wait to bolt. He saw a mediocre Connecticut team win a title 2 years ago and everything he has coming back and he still didn't want to wait a year or two to make the jump........hilarious.

CGG-d7jU0AEj7LG.jpg

I've never had any problem win Fred. He's a class act and he's a damn good coach. I just couldn't stand the way Cyclone fans overreact to the success he brought them. That's why I'm thrilled to see him gone. They are delusional enough the way it is. All of a sudden they get a good coach and they start throwing around the word "blue blood program" lol. Absolutely ridiculous. Ames, IA will never have a blue blood program in anything other than artifically insemenating cows.

Latest posts