The wheels have fallen off my friends...

herkeye

Well...what a horse crap season that was (with 4 games left)...I can't help but to feel that the bloom is off the rose for Ferentz. However, who honestly thought this year's team would be any good? Honestly. Really. Who? I hear crickets. However, Iowa football has its ebbs and flows. This year is obviously an ebb. But I can tell you that next year will be better. Sokol, not Rudock, will be starting and will be a breath of fresh air for the Passing attack. Furthermore, all of the O line, RBs, TEs, and WRs (except Davis) returns. As for the D, everyone returns, other than Alvis and Hyde. I hate Quoting Cubs fans, but there's always next year...and basketball season...

I wish i could share your optimism for next year - but I really don't believe logically that this staff will ever be what it once was.

Well...what a horse crap season that was (with 4 games left)...I can't help but to feel that the bloom is off the rose for Ferentz. However, who honestly thought this year's team would be any good? Honestly. Really. Who? I hear crickets. However, Iowa football has its ebbs and flows. This year is obviously an ebb. But I can tell you that next year will be better. Sokol, not Rudock, will be starting and will be a breath of fresh air for the Passing attack. Furthermore, all of the O line, RBs, TEs, and WRs (except Davis) returns. As for the D, everyone returns, other than Alvis and Hyde. I hate Quoting Cubs fans, but there's always next year...and basketball season...

Coaching and talent level will have to be much better by next season if it is going to be improved over this year. Adding Ohio St and Wisconsin to the schedule makes it even more difficult.

Herkey, like the optimism,but we don't know who will be left standing for next year. I wouldn't lay down any bets that Sokol is our savior next year. At least JVB will have burnt up his elegibility. He has now set the new standard for QB ineptness at Iowa. Jake C has to be sighing in relief.

Latest posts