The Three Players Iowa Can Least Afford To Lose

I don't think ANYONE will disagree with your # 1. I think JB is # 1, it's not close nor could you make a case for anyone else being in that spot. I also think that this line of thinking is shared by every Hawkeye fan who follows Hawkeye hoops.

Its nice people are talking about the three people Iowa can't afford to lose. For years, it was always the one player Iowa can't affort to lose. Iowa is going to be pretty deep this year. Bohannon is pretty good, but Iowa has some guys that can take his place. They did pretty good when Jok missed a few games last year. Hopefully, no one will miss any time.

I think if Jordan goes down, the seasons over unless 1. Williams has made some sort of gigantic leap that I won't believe til I see it or 2. We pull Connor's RS

Hopefully, we won't find out what would happen, but Iowa has other guys that can play the point. McCaffery knows what he is doing.

JBo is a no brainer. With what he did the last 10 plus games last yr plus being the floor general it makes all the sense in the world. The only one I'd possibly have up in the air is #3 and Moss. If he is as good a we hope then yes absolutely. But Baer man he just provides so many intangibles that you can't put a number on. On top of the numbers he does put up. He might just be the heart beat of the team to me is why I think I'd have him at 3 instead of Moss. But again if Moss really takes a leap with his play I can be persuaded otherwise.

I think if Jordan goes down, the seasons over unless 1. Williams has made some sort of gigantic leap that I won't believe til I see it or 2. We pull Connor's RS

I would say Bohannon is a 4 or 5 game swing in the win column. Cook and Moss are probably a 2 or 3. Everyone else is maybe only 1 or less due to how close in skill the rest of the team is.

JBo is a no brainer. With what he did the last 10 plus games last yr plus being the floor general it makes all the sense in the world. The only one I'd possibly have up in the air is #3 and Moss. If he is as good a we hope then yes absolutely. But Baer man he just provides so many intangibles that you can't put a number on. On top of the numbers he does put up. He might just be the heart beat of the team to me is why I think I'd have him at 3 instead of Moss. But again if Moss really takes a leap with his play I can be persuaded otherwise.

Good point on Baer, given his versatility. I see him more as a front court player, so that is why I went with another guard given the lack of depth....but there isn't another Baer....so I can relent ;)

Good point on Baer, given his versatility. I see him more as a front court player, so that is why I went with another guard given the lack of depth....but there isn't another Baer....so I can relent ;)
Well I've thought for awhile Moss is a huge X factor. He'll be asked to jump up a lot in his production. I feel he's fully capable of 10-14 pts plus. But based on last yr and his inconsistency it's just not a given he will. For him to put up 18 one night and 6 the next might be too much of a roller coaster ride unless all the others are picking him up. It'll be a really fun group to watch I'm sure fired up for them to get going

as tierny said, we'll be deep, but it would cause us to revamp our approach and that would take games to do and there's no guarantee of success.

Well I've thought for awhile Moss is a huge X factor. He'll be asked to jump up a lot in his production. I feel he's fully capable of 10-14 pts plus. But based on last yr and his inconsistency it's just not a given he will. For him to put up 18 one night and 6 the next might be too much of a roller coaster ride unless all the others are picking him up. It'll be a really fun group to watch I'm sure fired up for them to get going
I'm less concerned about Moss's game swing in points if it's more about match ups vs. turn overs. If it's more about match ups then that hopefully means someone else is picking up the balance of scoring and I think we have plenty of options for that. That's where guys like Moss and Cook have to be very cognizant of... don't force a play that's not there.

I'm less concerned about Moss's game swing in points if it's more about match ups vs. turn overs. If it's more about match ups then that hopefully means someone else is picking up the balance of scoring and I think we have plenty of options for that. That's where guys like Moss and Cook have to be very cognizant of... don't force a play that's not there.
I get what your saying. He'll be asked to handle the ball more for sure. JBo can't do all of it. So how he does in that regard will be big. And yeah he doesn't have to be a 15 pt guy every night for this team to be great. But he'll certainly have his good games where he will and then some. Shot selection and as you said forcing things just won't be necessary with him or the group. We should be able to get a good look against most everyone most of the time

Latest posts