The opportunity for a story book ending...

hawkfan2679

A moment of reflection (delirium?) during a late night feeding with my 3 month old...

If you had the power to re-write today's ending and send Iowa's seniors out with a victory, but in order to do so had to "give back" another B1G victory in exchange for that power, which B1G victory would you give back? Or would you keep things the way they were?

Would you give back one of the wins over Wisconsin or Minnesota and lose out on the ability to claim the season sweep of those teams? Do you give back the Indiana game, giving them the claim of a sweep of us for the season? A different game? None of them?

My initial thought was to give back one of the first wins of the B1G season because having a win vs. NW would have given us 4 wins out of our last 5 games and maybe a little bit more momentum. So I was thinking maybe the Michigan game, if for no other reason than we weren't supposed to win that one, but that's the only good reason I could come up with.

What say you, Hawkeyenation?

A win today doesn't help us get into the Dance, and a win or two in the conference tourney gets us into the NIT anyway. I wouldn't trade any of our other wins to get this one, even if it would have been a nice ending (especially if Gatens were the one to take, and hit, the final shot).

How about Iowa gets into a tournament where they can play at home and Matt gets to go out of Carver a winner?

I would have given up either road wins at Minnesota or Wisconsin to crap all over Northwesterns NCAA chances yesterday. It really sucks that the refs had to make sure NW got into the NCAA. Watching Eddie pose for the cameras yesterday made me want to barf.

The only storybook ending I was hoping for was that, when it was 66-64 NW with about 12 seconds to go that somehow we would gave been able to get and keep the ball without turning it over and before the buzzer goes off, Gatens gets it and swooshes a three pointer. The crowd goes wild and rushes the floor. We do the beer polka. I run 39 rows down to jump on Eddies back and ride him like a bronco and somehow I don't get arrested.

Now THAT would have been a storybook ending.

The only storybook ending I was hoping for was that, when it was 66-64 NW with about 12 seconds to go that somehow we would gave been able to get and keep the ball without turning it over and before the buzzer goes off, Gatens gets it and swooshes a three pointer. The crowd goes wild and rushes the floor. We do the beer polka. I run 39 rows down to jump on Eddies back and ride him like a bronco and somehow I don't get arrested.

And that is indeed a storybook ending, because it never seems to work out that way for us Hawk fans. Although there are countless times we have been beaten in such scenarios. Just for whatever reason, IOWA's last second shot NEVER seems to go in. Yes, I'm bitter today.

Really the old thing I would change about this season were the ridiculous losses at home to Campbell and nebraska. Win those two, and we would be 18-13.

With that said, I'm hoping for a CBI bid and a couple of more games at Carver. That would be fun for our seniors....

I never knew it until right now, but I've always wanted to see that!!

The only storybook ending I was hoping for was that, when it was 66-64 NW with about 12 seconds to go that somehow we would gave been able to get and keep the ball without turning it over and before the buzzer goes off, Gatens gets it and swooshes a three pointer. The crowd goes wild and rushes the floor. We do the beer polka. I run 39 rows down to jump on Eddies back and ride him like a bronco and somehow I don't get arrested. Now THAT would have been a storybook ending.
I never knew it until right now, but I've always wanted to see that!!

AGREED!!!!!!!!

I would rather have one of our 3 guards not completely collapse for the last half of the first half. What an epic meltdown on senior day to give NW the game.

My storybook has them winning the Big Ten Tourney and dancing. That's a million times better than a Northwestern win!

no bodyslamming?

i would go back to every game and bodyslam everyone until nobody flops again ...... i really hate fake flops and referees are bick for believing the acts