The Dolphin Deserves A Public Apology

ThunderHawk

From Francis, from Barta, and from Ed Podolak.

From Francis, because The Dolphin was totally right about Francis' team, hot mic or not.

From Barta, for throwing The Dolphin under the bus with his cryptic "tensions" bullshit, when everyone with a pulse knows that said "tensions" have to be the fault of He Mad! Francis.

And from Ed Podolak, because I just want to hear Podolak apologize to The Dolphin for the hell of it, complete with a "buddy boy!" reference.

dolphin-playing-ball_1600.jpg

From Francis, from Barta, and from Ed Podolak.

From Francis, because The Dolphin was totally right about Francis' team, hot mic or not.

From Barta, for throwing The Dolphin under the bus with his cryptic "tensions" bullshit, when everyone with a pulse knows that said "tensions" have to be the fault of He Mad! Francis.

And from Ed Podolak, because I just want to hear Podolak apologize to The Dolphin for the hell of it, complete with a "buddy boy!" reference.

dolphin-playing-ball_1600.jpg

I have always liked EasyEd, the Master Swordsman.....

He made scoring look so easy playing for the Chiefs. An opponent would be coming at him hard and fast for a crunching tackle and Ed would simply stop, and let him go sailing by, step into the end zone for the easy TD.....

I have always liked EasyEd, the Master Swordsman.....

He made scoring look so easy playing for the Chiefs. An opponent would be coming at him hard and fast for a crunching tackle and Ed would simply stop, and let him go sailing by, step into the end zone for the easy TD.....
He pushed a lot of Christmas dinners back with his 1971 performance against Miami (speaking of Dolphins) The game eventually stretched into a second overtime before Miami prevailed. I was six and became a Miami fan for the rest of my childhood.

He pushed a lot of Christmas dinners back with his 1971 performance against Miami (speaking of Dolphins) The game eventually stretched into a second overtime before Miami prevailed. I was six and became a Miami fan for the rest of my childhood.

I was eight and remember it well. Such a remarkable game. Eddie was phenomenal. Ran the ball. Caught the ball. Returned both punts and kicks. Over 300 yards. Jan Stenerud vs. Garo Yepremian as well. I remember at the time thinking Jan Stenerud is the coolest name I have ever heard.

Stenerud missed some kicks in that game but what a career.

You might enjoy reading the bios of the two kickers. Extraordinary. Eddie we know about. Yepremian's will make you laugh. More than once. Maybe choke you up a little bit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Stenerud

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garo_Yepremian

I was eight and remember it well. Such a remarkable game. Eddie was phenomenal. Ran the ball. Caught the ball. Returned both punts and kicks. Over 300 yards. Jan Stenerud vs. Garo Yepremian as well. I remember at the time thinking Jan Stenerud is the coolest name I have ever heard.

Stenerud missed some kicks in that game but what a career.

You might enjoy reading the bios of the two kickers. Extraordinary. Eddie we know about. Yepremian's will make you laugh. More than once. Maybe choke you up a little bit.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Stenerud

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garo_Yepremian
I also remember that game between the Chiefs and Dolphins. It was a crisp day with blue skies. Ed Podolak said that when he took the field he felt that he could do no wrong. After the game Don Shula said, 'Yeah, we won the game. But we stilll didn't stop Podolak'.

Right or wrong, mistake or intentional, Dolph didn't do the job he was being paid to do. So he got disciplined by his employers, same as any of us would. Doesn't mean Barta's not a moron, doesn't mean the suspension wasn't ridiculous, but Dolph certainly isn't owed any apology. If I was talking shit about my boss and he suspended me from work, would he need to apologize?

Steve Deace in regards to Gary Barta: "He's the worst AD in our league."

Also in regards to Fran McCaffery: "He's the NIT Bobby Knight."
That depends who you are... KF may disagree.. The powers that be within the school that are glad he's raised all the $ he has over the years probably disagree... Fans that wish there'd be more Ws throughout the program and less court cases lost costing millions of dollars and staining a reputation obviously would concur with Deace on that.. The one that wins out is always peculiar

I don't think your play-by-play guy is supposed to be ripping the coach's recruiting when he thinks the mic is off nor single out a college athlete in a demeaning way. I don't disagree with his overall sentiment about Fran's guard recruiting but it's Dolph's responsibility to know that he could have had a hot mic.

No apology needed.

Latest posts