Tennessee, Florida, Nebraska, Arizona St

ArvadaHawk

There are a lot of above average to high visibility jobs available this off season. UCLA landed Kelly. Have I missed any job openings?

Who lands where? Florida is a dumpster fire with all of the off field issues they've had. UT is sort of kNU in that the fans still expect them to be 1990's relevant every season. ASU...I don't understand why you can't recruit to AZ. I've partied there before (100 years ago)...wow.

Florida landed Mullen from Mississippi State. Tennessee landed Greg Schiano. Texas A&M just came open with the firing of Sumlin.

Right now the P5 jobs that are open include Nebraska, Texas A&M, Arizona State, and Mississippi State. Supposedly Frost is headed to Nebraska and it just hasn't been made public, but who knows if that's actually true.

Right now the P5 jobs that are open include Nebraska, Texas A&M, Arizona State, and Mississippi State. Supposedly Frost is headed to Nebraska and it just hasn't been made public, but who knows if that's actually true.

thank you stanzi. i hadn't heard about mullen going to FL. i was wondering last night if the venables from Clemson wants to HC somewhere. He's probably ready. Maybe Miss St, now?

That would surprise me. But hell, most coaching hires surprise me.

That would surprise me. But hell, most coaching hires surprise me.

if you're talking about Frost, I think that's a given. I had thought kNU "passed" on Frost (and vice versa) because they both wanted to see what he could do as a HC. I think he's proven himself, now, that kNU will open up the bank for him and I think he'll walk right in and start cashin' in.

I'm just glad we have KF locked in forever. We are set.. It's interesting that no one on our staff is offered jobs by other P5 programs. Says quite a lot about the quality of coaches we have.

Last edited:
There are a lot of above average to high visibility jobs available this off season. UCLA landed Kelly. Have I missed any job openings?

Who lands where? Florida is a dumpster fire with all of the off field issues they've had. UT is sort of kNU in that the fans still expect them to be 1990's relevant every season. ASU...I don't understand why you can't recruit to AZ. I've partied there before (100 years ago)...wow.

I don't think ASU's issues have been talent based, but it seems like the team isn't good with the details. They were improved this year compared to 2016, but apparently not enough. I do think that Todd Graham still has his job if Kevin Sumlin still had his. I think they saw an opportunity for an upgrade and Graham had been on the hot seat for the past year or two so that made it a little easier to let him go.

thank you stanzi. i hadn't heard about mullen going to FL. i was wondering last night if the venables from Clemson wants to HC somewhere. He's probably ready. Maybe Miss St, now?

Mississippi State to me is a bad job. It's probably the 6th best job in the division and would be the worst job in the division if Ole Miss hadn't become a dumpster fire. Venebles would have to be some sort of masochist to take that job. Dan Mullen is THAT good of a coach to get the results there he did.