Teams looking for new coaches

hawkeye12345

UCLA - Fired Mora and are currently 5-6 on the season. Losing season last year but went 37-25 over past 5 seasons including two 10-3 seasons.

Tennessee - Fired Butch Jones. Terrible season this year and the guy is a boob but won 9 games in prior two seasons and has consistently put together top 20 recruiting classes.

Nebraska, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Florida, and many more teams that have consistently had better records than Iowa are all looking for coaches...and yet we just sit back and take mediocrity like it's served on a hot plate....

We're sitting at 6-5 and are the 9th best team in the B1G. Who gives a shit if we take a step back at this point, just make a change.

UCLA - Fired Mora and are currently 5-6 on the season. Losing season last year but went 37-25 over past 5 seasons including two 10-3 seasons.

Tennessee - Fired Butch Jones. Terrible season this year and the guy is a boob but won 9 games in prior two seasons and has consistently put together top 20 recruiting classes.

Nebraska, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Florida, and many more teams that have consistently had better records than Iowa are all looking for coaches...and yet we just sit back and take mediocrity like it's served on a hot plate....

We're sitting at 6-5 and are the 9th best team in the B1G. Who gives a shit if we take a step back at this point, just make a change.
Dude, you don't want us to end up like Purd...wait a second...scratch that.

The problem is that you just made an argument to NOT make a change. With all of those big programs open, obviously-better coaches aren't taking the Iowa job. So if you make a change this year, you're getting the typical young MAC-Sun Belt coach you could get any day, any year.

UCLA is smack in prime recruiting territory - I think they get the talent but the team's W/L record does not suggest it. I think they rightly expect better results. Same for Tenn. and FLA and A&M.

Interesting to note, especially in the SEC, these programs expect a lot and they pay a lot. Each coach earning more than the last and the expectations spiral - due to the money.

Are they setting themselves up for perpetual frustration?

There are only a few really outstanding coaches out there - Saban, Meyer, Peterson and the guy in GA may become among them. Time will tell if Jimmy H up in Michigan will be numbered among them. But he's got a fine track record so far.

At Iowa, its very hard to recruit. I don't think Iowa is interested being like Louisville (cheating). So with that set of facts we have a coach who is widely respected and classy. He fields tough physical teams that sometimes we're delighted with. And I suppose these hair ball seasons are just part of that. I'd like to compare Iowa to Virginia Tech or Utah. However Iowa's offensive philosophy limits them IMO

something we don't have to worry about boys.......We got our guy (or stuck with) until 2025.

23795161_10213418203443330_75239619613237669_n.jpg

Who gives a shit if we take a step back???? That makes no sense man!!! Hey I’m fine with change but no way Iowa Fan is going to accept a step back..

Latest posts