TE from Ill.

HawkeyeJim75

Did the TE from Ill. who is committed to Ill. show up at the IA/Wis game? If so what did he think about Iowa now and do we stand a greater chance of stealing him?

He canceled his IA/UM visit and the visit to Wisky this weekend. It sounds like Iowa is still in the mix and he is trying to set up an official during one of Iowa's lat 3 home games.

I understand CJ is verbally committed to Illinois, however if he has reservations about his pick then he should absolutely do whats right for him. If he wants to visit Iowa or anywhere else for that matter he should do so. It's his life and his decision which college he attends. Until he signs that commit paper, he has every right to change his mind.
Now with that in mind, I don't think it's cool for a college to actively recruit verbal commits to other schools. Sure we all know it happens, but it should not.
If CJ wants to visit Iowa then he should be given the opportunity. Ron Zook should be confident enough in his recruiting ability to give CJ the go ahead to visit other schools.

I would have to think that this kid will change his commitment. i don't look for Zook to be back after this year, so why wouldn't the kid look around. i think he sees the handwriting on the wall

I would have to think that this kid will change his commitment. i don't look for Zook to be back after this year, so why wouldn't the kid look around. i think he sees the handwriting on the wall

WeDomn - LOL. I would think the fact that Zook might not be around next year would be the ONLY reason he might still consider Illinois!

We need to land him and that Henderson kid. Maybe grab another 4* along the way and we should have a top 20 class!

Is that a joke? We need those two? It'd be nice to have CJ, who we still have a realilistic chance at, but Seantrel is nothing more than a pipe-dream at this point. Also, this class will be great with or without those two. We're already loaded at offensive tackle in the future with Reiff, MacMillan, Donnal, Van Stoten, Scherff, etc. While Seantrel would be a nice pick-up we'll be fine without him. As for CJ, although Vier is coming in as a QB first, he'll be a TE and probably a good one. Derby could easily star at TE if QB doesn't work out. Also, with you guys like Getz, Griggs, and Herman one or two from that group will emerge. The Hawkeyes will be just fine.

Henderson eliminated us awhile ago. I think CJ will be a Hawk sooner rather than later. Zooker is in a tailspin and the ground is the only thing that will stop him.

Maybe he will just keep his verbal to Illinois until HS football is over. No need to rile up your fans and opponents fans for going out of state. Just let him play the waiting game. I'm very confident he will be a hawk.

I understand CJ is verbally committed to Illinois, however if he has reservations about his pick then he should absolutely do whats right for him. If he wants to visit Iowa or anywhere else for that matter he should do so. It's his life and his decision which college he attends. Until he signs that commit paper, he has every right to change his mind.
Now with that in mind, I don't think it's cool for a college to actively recruit verbal commits to other schools. Sure we all know it happens, but it should not.
If CJ wants to visit Iowa then he should be given the opportunity. Ron Zook should be confident enough in his recruiting ability to give CJ the go ahead to visit other schools.

He is still listed as an Illinois verbal, but I'm pretty sure I recall seeing a week or so ago that he officially opened himself back up to recruitment by other teams and I'm not sure if he considers himself an Illinois commit anymore or not. Either way, things are looking good for the hawks to land him the way this season is going.

I don't agree. They have a national signing day so that coaches can recruit whoever they want up to that point, and after that, they are restricted from contacting signees. Dozens of HS kids decommit every year, some more than once or twice, so until the name is on the line in February, no one is safe, and everyone is fair game.

A verbal means nothing. Kids shop around, they arent finished until the deal is closed and they sign, so its open season until then.

Just one guy's opinion
CJ would be a nice addition but it's not like we have to have him to make this class complete. Iowa has a proven record of being able to fill the TE position with capable personnal. At this point I think he needs us more than we need him.

I had heard recently that Henderson is again looking at Iowa. We may not get the official visit, but he has been here before and his position coach played at Iowa. I still personally think that he will go to USC.

Latest posts