Take the Big 10 recruiting quiz

ohhawk

Since recruiting is the topic of the day, have a little fun with this. List your answers for all to see and we'll see who comes out on top. I'll post answers tomorrow as well as the source these were taken from.

1. Outside of the state of Iowa which state has Iowa recruited the most players from in the last 10 years..... OH, FL, IL, or TX?

2. Which team has recruited the state of CA the most in the last 10 years.......MI, NE, OSU, or MN?

3. Which 2 teams in the last 10 years have recruited the state of FL the most....MN & OSU, PSU & NW, WI & IA, or PUR & MN?

4. What % of Big 10 players have come from PAC 12 country in the last 10 years (excl. NE).......15%, 5%, 25%, or 19%?

5. What city in the U.S. has supplied the Big 10 with the most recruits in the last 10 years?

6. What % of the FL players that the Big 10 has recruited in the last 10 years are RBs, WRs, or DBs........19%, 31%, 45%, or 57%?

7. The only team in the Big 10 that has recruited more players in the last 10 years from a state other than their home state.....which team?

Since recruiting is the topic of the day, have a little fun with this. List your answers for all to see and we'll see who comes out on top. I'll post answers tomorrow as well as the source these were taken from.

1. Outside of the state of Iowa which state has Iowa recruited the most players from in the last 10 years..... OH, FL, IL, or TX?

2. Which team has recruited the state of CA the most in the last 10 years.......MI, NE, OSU, or MN?

3. Which 2 teams in the last 10 years have recruited the state of FL the most....MN & OSU, PSU & NW, WI & IA, or PUR & MN?

4. What % of Big 10 players have come from PAC 12 country in the last 10 years (excl. NE).......15%, 5%, 25%, or 19%?

5. What city in the U.S. has supplied the Big 10 with the most recruits in the last 10 years?

6. What % of the FL players that the Big 10 has recruited in the last 10 years are RBs, WRs, or DBs........19%, 31%, 45%, or 57%?

7. The only team in the Big 10 that has recruited more players in the last 10 years from a state other than their home state.....which team?
1. IL
2. NE
3. WI & IA
4. 5%
5. Detroit
6. 57%
7. NE

Edit: for #5 my second choice was Chicago, fwiw.

Last edited:

1. Outside of the state of Iowa which state has Iowa recruited the most players from in the last 10 years..... OH, FL, IL, or TX? IL

2. Which team has recruited the state of CA the most in the last 10 years.......MI, NE, OSU, or MN? MN

3. Which 2 teams in the last 10 years have recruited the state of FL the most....MN & OSU, PSU & NW, WI & IA, or PUR & MN? WI & IA

4. What % of Big 10 players have come from PAC 12 country in the last 10 years (excl. NE).......15%, 5%, 25%, or 19%? 5%

5. What city in the U.S. has supplied the Big 10 with the most recruits in the last 10 years? Chicago

6. What % of the FL players that the Big 10 has recruited in the last 10 years are RBs, WRs, or DBs........19%, 31%, 45%, or 57%? 57%

7. The only team in the Big 10 that has recruited more players in the last 10 years from a state other than their home state.....which team? IA

My answers. Completed without looking at anyone else's answers prior to replying. What do I win?

Edit: #5 Detroit and Columbus were my second and third guesses, FWIW.

Last edited:
You all preformed very admirably. Looks like the winner is 74Hunter with only one miss on #3......which everyone missed. The answer to #3 is Purdue & Minnesota believe it or not. Well, I gave away the Mercedes award yesterday but how about an "atta boy".

Here is the source and if you enjoy following recruiting I think you'll enjoy many elements of this well done piece. Make sure and explore all the links within. The map is really cool with some nice dropdowns to play with.

* Hint - make sure you have alot of time before you start exploring. Like a good book, it's hard to put down.

http://dataomaha.com/big-ten/

I was a little surprised my Detroit. Depending on what level you zoom to, Chicago could be the largest Metro the B1G recruits.

After zooming in on Omaha and St. Louis, I am not seeing Prater or McNutt.
EDIT: not all the dots show up on the main map, but they are included in the count

Last edited:

Latest posts